ET-7 problem

Started by dAWGS, August 22, 2010, 07:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dAWGS

first off its brand new just out of the box.   i cannot get an updated temp any further than 5 feet from the transmitter.   secondly my chicken says its 125 degrees but its only been in for an hour at 200 degrees.   that cannot be right.   where exactly should i  put the probe?

Quarlow

The probe should go into the breast meat about half way into it but not touching bone. You want it centered in the breast meat section. Did you test your new thermo with boiling water to make sure it is calibrated right. I am not sure if you can recalibrate them or if you have to send it back and get a new one. Also if it is calibrated right you may want to go to the recipe site and see the mod the guys are doing. they are adding an external antenna to it to increase the range significantly.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

TTNuge

Also if you are using batteries it came with I would try swapping them out for some known good ones.  I've found the batteries they send with are junk.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

lumpy

Send it back.
I had to send mine back, told them the problem and within 2 weeks recieved a new one.
A year later I burnt out a probe, called Mav. and had a new one right away.

THey have great customer service at Maverick.

Lumpy

Quarlow

That is good to know, cause I bought a DT-12C Compact Instant-Read Thermometer and there is nothing instant about it. In fact my old oven thermos are faster than this thing.

OBS
BBQ