beefmanns new smoker digs

Started by beefmann, August 25, 2010, 01:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

travis442

Quote from: classicrockgriller on February 09, 2011, 11:55:00 AM
Look at Wally World (walmart).

Unfortunately I didn't find much at Wally World, at least not online. I'll still check the next time I go into the store though and see if they have anything.

However I did find this one at Amazon that I think would be big enough to store the boxes of 120 for the ones I use more often.....

http://www.amazon.com/Lock-38-Cup-Rectangular-Container/dp/B002UUTGO4/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1297304013&sr=1-2

La Quinta

Nice Beef...I guess your home woes were fixed nicely!!! Well done!!!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: travis442 on February 09, 2011, 06:15:49 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on February 09, 2011, 11:55:00 AM
Look at Wally World (walmart).

Unfortunately I didn't find much at Wally World, at least not online. I'll still check the next time I go into the store though and see if they have anything.

However I did find this one at Amazon that I think would be big enough to store the boxes of 120 for the ones I use more often.....

http://www.amazon.com/Lock-38-Cup-Rectangular-Container/dp/B002UUTGO4/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1297304013&sr=1-2

I use the Serilite Show Offs #1894. Though they are not 100% waterproof, because of holes in the top where the handles are inserted, they do a good job storing the bisquettes and stack well. I store my bisquettes in an uninsulated plywood shed, and never had any ruin. Just keep the bisquettes in the cellophane wrap, and any open package store in a freezer quart size ZipLoc. The model #1894 is perfect for holding 120 bisquettes. At one time you could only find them in craft stores, but now I see them at Wal-Mart, Target, and even my local Price Chopper.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

I got mine at aloha 99 store, i have seen items close to them at  wall mart, 99 cent only, look around and im sure you can find  something that  will  work

devo

What you guys need to do Is have a tupperware party, they have all kinds of containers. I can just see it now....the tupperware lady coming in and a bunch of men sitting waiting to see her ware's   ;D

travis442

Quote from: devo on February 10, 2011, 08:56:01 AM
What you guys need to do Is have a tupperware party, they have all kinds of containers. I can just see it now....the tupperware lady coming in and a bunch of men sitting waiting to see her ware's   ;D

Haha that would be pretty funny.

Maybe I can convince my wife that she needs to have one, and then I can be the one doing the ordering.

njxbow

i like your vent on top. i think i'm going to put that on mine

steve-o

Looks like it would help against that nasty wind too  ;D

OldHoss

If you have it - smoke it.

BigRich

This thread is still being used after 3 years.  Make it a sticky!

(My first post)

BigRich

beefmann

beefmann

Quote from: La Quinta on February 09, 2011, 09:16:13 PM
Nice Beef...I guess your home woes were fixed nicely!!! Well done!!!

yes they have been ,, ,what a  nightmare that was

TMB

Looks good , but I have to ask.  With the vent tube on top of the box won't that cause moister to build up in the unit?

I was told to leave at least 1 in gap between the vent and the box .   
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

beefmann

with my  install i do not  run a  vent of any  kind between the  smoker and top vent also generally  run with the doors open either way i dont have  any problems