Pucks not advancing, revisited

Started by ankorklankor, August 26, 2010, 03:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ankorklankor

Received a new motor and installed it yesterday, it now appears the control circuit is shot.  The pucks will advance by pushing the advance button but will not do so automatically.  Does anyone know if one can order the control circuit or do I have to order the complete smoke generator?

Thanks,

David.
Relax don't worry, have a home brew.

beefmann

not  sure, though you could contact bradley directly  and  ask

Habanero Smoker

I would recheck your connections and make sure that they are secure. If the wires appear to be plugged in, disconnect and reconnect the connections to make sure they are secure.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ankorklankor

HS,

Thanks, I'll check that.  Sometimes I get to many irons in the fire and forget basic troubleshooting. 

David.

ankorklankor

Rechecked connections and still no go.

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear that. Often that is the problem, I was hoping it was a simply fix.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

ankorklankor

I sent an email to the Bradley contact address on their web site and got a canned response back to call this toll free number on Monday.  I think I dialed that number at least 20 times today and it was busy every time, it was either out of service or they need to beef up their phone switch.

David.

Habanero Smoker

If you still can't get through you may want to try the Illinois number. I know you can order parts from that number, but I'm not sure if they are equipped to trouble shoot.

Bradley Smoker Galesburg, IL USA Info:
Toll Free: (866) 508-7514
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m CST Monday through Friday

I
         don't
                   inhale.

ankorklankor

Smoker,

Thanks for the new number, called this morning and go through first try, my new timing control is on the way and pretty reasonable to.

David.

Habanero Smoker

Great! I hope you are up and running soon.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

ankorklankor

OK, new motor installed, new electronic timer installed and it still does not insert a puck every 20 minutes.  It will insert a puck when the advance button is pushed but that is all.

What else is there?

David.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Dave;

A few questions:

1 - Are you only waiting 20 minutes before you use the advance button? Often it is not exactly 20 minutes, let it run for a longer period of time. I would suggest waiting 22 - 25 minutes and see if the bisquette advances.

2 - When the bisquettes do not advance, do you hear any noise to indicate the motor is working?

3 - When you added your new parts did you make sure the wires were not in the way of the arm?
Bisquettes Won't Feed

Other FAQ's

One other thought. Check the black wire that runs from the electronic timer to the power source to make sure that is connected properly.

It none of those tips help, I would give Bradley a call.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

ankorklankor

I'll address your suggests as they are numbered.

1.  I've waited as long as an additional 30 minutes.

2.  I do not hear anything,  I've got the smoke generator apart and everything is setting on my work bench, there is nothing binding or in the path of the linkage from the motor to the shuttle.

3. No wires in the way and all connected.

I'll check the power source wire to the timer, I marked the connection color code before I removed the old time.

Once when I turned the power switch on it advanced a puck but would not do any more after that.

Thanks,

David.

Habanero Smoker

I would give Bradley Tech. a call and have then trouble shoot the problem. This is a new problem that I have not read about to date. When you find the solution please post it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi David

I might be able to help you trouble shoot this problem

I have a few questions first.

Which model of smoker do you have (original or digital)?

Is it possible for you to send me a picture of the inside of the smoke generator ( need to see the wiring on the switches and control circuit)?

If possible send it to brian@ bradleysmoker.com

If you power the unit up and then physically pull the motor arm away from the micro switch what happens?

You said it works when you push the wood advance button, do you have to hold the button in or just push and realease it?

Brian