Very Excited

Started by mrmnjewel, August 27, 2010, 07:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

Welcome to the madness Matt

aces-n-eights

Welcome to the fun, Matt.  Enjoy your new toy!
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Indy Smoker

You (and your family/friends) are in for some real treats to come

beefmann

welcome to the forum and enjoy the smoking process

Quarlow

You might want to try a slather with CYM (cheap yellow mustard) first and then put your rub on top of that. You might go "eew mustard" but you will be pleasantly surprised. And it does not taste like you put mustard on it. My first one I did it cause everyone said to and it was really great. Of course then I discouvered CT so the next one got done in that. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Oh I should correct myself, not everyone was saying to use the mustard. I just remembered that someone did like it but the majority did.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

There are two schools of thought here; slather and rub or rub and slather.

I did my last brisket with the rub and slather as an experiment.  The rub was patted in nicely and I was kind of amazed the rub didn't come off during the slather.  I used CYM though it would work with CT as well.

As Q said, it doesn't taste like beef with mustard.  Both CT and CYM are high in vinegar and that may do a bit of tenderizing.

I'm sure either way would work but it's fun to try things out.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

mrmnjewel

Well, first smoke went extremely well...for details, see my posts at http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17625.0.

I am in love with my BDS. THe wife has told me I am doing ribs this next weekend, so I am researching recipes. Been looking on the recipe site and other places. Good stuff. Thanks all!

TestRocket

I just came across your post Matt and want to say welcome!