You just never know!!

Started by Tenpoint5, September 01, 2010, 09:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

I had this Jerky cutting board sent to me by a friendly Canuck. Only problem was I didn't have a knife long enough to reach all the way across the thing to make a cut. I happen to stop at a yard sale and for $3 I found this Carbon steel knife that was made between 1920 and 1950 then they changed the blade steel. My son calls it Pappa's Pirate knife!! I think it was a good deal, what do you think.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DTAggie

Memo to self:  Never make 10.5 angry!

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tenpoint5

Its a Dexter and after I tinkered with the edge some you can shave with it now.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Looks like it was made for it! What a lucky snatch.

iceman

Good score 10.5  :) Perfect for jerky slicing.

Tenpoint5

It will also make for a great brisket slicing knife

RAF128

I have a similar knife that I bought from a butcher supply store for slightly more money :'(.    It's blade might be slightly longer.   I used it for cutting meat, although my wife has grabbed it on occasion and used it to cut homemade  pizzas.    I've seen butchers use them and thought I should have one ;).   Thought it might be a little awkward but it works great.

squirtthecat

That'll make for a great Christmas picture, with you posing w/ the knife (carefully) between your teeth...

AVAST!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 02, 2010, 07:50:35 AM

That'll make for a great Christmas picture, with you posing w/ the knife (carefully) between your teeth...

AVAST!

Or tan a deer hide and make a cool scabbard for it

beefmann