Need wiring diagram for a BDS4

Started by dsgarrison, September 05, 2010, 09:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsgarrison

Took some wires of to check smoke generator need to know where 2nd blue wire goes. keeps getting E1 warning I got it going and it gave me a E-3 or 4.(can not find what that means. It was smoking but no heat)  Smoking weekend turned to a grilling weekend. :o ::)

Dave

classicrockgriller

Q. What is an "E" message?

A. An "E" message is letting you know that there is something wrong with the advance system. It's the connection between the motor arm and the micro switch. Please open the generator, and take a look at that switch which is going to be a gray rectangle shaped switch; first make sure that it is connected, secondly makes sure nothing is blocking that switch and the arm. If the wires appear to be plugged in, disconnect and reconnect the connections to make sure they are secure. If this does not work contact Bradley Technical Support.

dsgarrison

This was not a E or an E-1 (I get lots o these) it was E3 or E4 after I got it going. I check on it after an hour, smoking fine, but no oven heat and an E3 or E4 message.

KyNola

Check both of the wires that go from the smoke generator to the tower.  Unplug and plug back in several times to make sure you have a good connection.  The power jumper in particular sometimes has to be very firmly plugged in.

classicrockgriller

Is the element getting hot (glowing red?)

dsgarrison

It started on but when I went to check it only smoker was working.

classicrockgriller

Plug to smoker box direct to electricity for just a short period to see if the element will glow red.

Take the cord that plugs the smoke gen to electricity and plug that into the back of cabinet.

Don't run off and leave it, just long enough to see if element is working.

dsgarrison

Yes it is but it takes a little while.

classicrockgriller

Then the problem is in the smoke gen.

Are you by any chance plug into an extention cord?

dsgarrison

Habanero Smoker

Did you every figure out the correct wiring?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Bradley (Head Office)

Hello Dave

I have never heard of the smoke generators giving a E-3 or E-4 error
If you are getting a E-1 error you might have a bad connection to the temp sensor the connection is located in the back of the smoke tower remove the back of the smoker
and check the connection.

Here is a picture of the wiring inside the generator so you can put the blue wire back on.

Brian

dsgarrison

Thats what I needed. I will check tower.  Thank you

dsgarrison

classicrockgriller