Prayers For A Forum Member

Started by NePaSmoKer, September 07, 2010, 10:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Al,

Thank you for the report.  We are concerned when one of the "family" has troubles.  I pray not only for you and Joan, but also for the skill of the doctors, nurses and other caregivers.  In all this - don't forget about yourself.  You are now a caregiver but need to take care of yourself also. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Up In Smoke

Al,
thanks for the update, will keep you both in my prayers.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

carnie1

Prayers and well wishes to Joan you and your family , Please keep us posted and let us know how things are going.

iceman

Hope Joan gets home real soon!!! Then she can get back to the bosses chair where she belongs   :D ;)

car54

My prayers are with her also. We all need them at times.

Brad

Quarlow

Prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery! And yes speed is of the essence. My dad had a small stroke 2 years ago. I was there in the morning after it happened and ask if he wanted to go to the hospital. He said "no he would be fine cause his feeling was coming back", if I knew then what I know now I would have taken him to the hospital, cause after I left he had a major stroke and was on the floor for 3 hrs before someone showed up and found him. He now has permanent loss use the use of his left side which I could have prevented if I had known about strokes. He has his memory and can talk but he Will never walk or use his left arm and his peripheral  vision is impaired also. So if someone you all know has a small stroke don't hesitate, take them to the hospital and don't take "no" for an answer.
May the good lord be with you and yours Al & Joan.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Roadking

Hi, Thanks to all the members for you nice thoughts. Joan's has been in rehab. for a week now and she is coming along good. They do rehab for 4-5 hours a day and I can see an improvement in her movement. Her memory and speech is good but they still work on it. Told them to work on her arm and leg movement and forget about the speech, Joan raised her middle finger to me. :) (What do you think she meant?). 
Thanks again
Al (Roadking)

TestRocket

I think it was a sign of love? I get that at my house sometimes!  ;D

Glad to hear things are looking up!

GusRobin

She was telling you that you are number 1 as far as she is concerned. (At least that is how I interpret it when my wife does it.)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

KyNola

Glad to hear she's making progress Al.

Up In Smoke

Al, if i am not mistaken....in sign language she is telling you that you are number one  ??? ;)
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Roadking on September 15, 2010, 08:01:43 AM
Hi, Thanks to all the members for you nice thoughts. Joan's has been in rehab. for a week now and she is coming along good. They do rehab for 4-5 hours a day and I can see an improvement in her movement. Her memory and speech is good but they still work on it. Told them to work on her arm and leg movement and forget about the speech, Joan raised her middle finger to me. :) (What do you think she meant?). 
Thanks again
Al (Roadking)

That's fantastic Al!

Great to see she's gettin' her sense of humour back. Even if it's at your expense.  :D

Tell her to keep up the great work!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tenpoint5

I saw Al on the forum this morning and ask how Joan was doing.

Hi Chris,
She's doing pretty good. Her speech and memory are tops. She's starting to move her left arm and leg but I think it'll take awhile. She has had arthritis all her life.
She started to cry the other day and I asked her why. She looked at me and said "This really sucks!". I told her "Look, I still have you and I love you." That put a smile on her face. She's a tough ole bird she'll make it.

Tell everyone Hello for me,
AL

I responded to Al with. Tell Joan that there's a whole Forum Family out here pulling for her.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Roadking

Hi Guys & Gals,
Here's an update on My wife Joan. Like I said, she's a fighter. She'll be coming home on Nov. 13th, She started to walk with a walker a week ago and is making great improvement. I know she is pushing it cause she wants to get back to her camper in Pa. for next season.
Al (Roadking)

PS: Anyone looking for a Harley Roadking?

FLBentRider

Thanks for the update Al.

We'll keep praying!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!