YES ! It has arrived !! BUT...

Started by Chili Head, September 08, 2010, 04:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chili Head

I woke up this afternoon to find a huge box on my door step!
I was so excited..like a child on christmas morning  ;) I set everything up after cleaning everything and turn my precious on to season it. I set the oven temp, smoke amount and timers then an "E" stares me in the face on the smoke side ??? ??? :'(  You got to be kidding me!! The puck pusher wouldnt advance.. I remember reading about how to take the smoke gen apart and figured it couldnt hurt. Guess what I found? I found a plug not plugged together..then I thought are they supposed to be? Well the plugs do match so what the hell  ;D After putting it back together and plugging it all back up I press the button..VOILA the pucks advance manually and automaticaly ;D Now we're on our way to the store for some ribs and jalapenos for ABT's as soon as the seasoning is done :D

OH HAPPY DAY !! 

rcger

Congratulations!  Pretty soon you're going to be blessed with more knowledge than you ever dreamed possible.  I've learned so much on this forum.  It these guy and gals don't know it then it isn't worth knowing!
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

Sailor

Congrats on your new smoker.  Glad that you found the problem.  You will enjoy your new toy tool for many smokes to come.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

TestRocket

So you're guilty of RA (reading in advance)!

Problem solved...good job!

Congrats and welcome!

Have you read, "we like PICS"?  ;D

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and awesome job of fixing the issue...

...Now Enjoy!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

KyNola

Chili Head, congrats on not flipping out when things didn't work as planned.  You had done your homework and it paid off big time.  No panicking in your house.

Now....season that boy and let the smoke roll on some good stuff.

We're here for you.

RAF128

Had a wire not connected in mine too when I bought it.   Different wire but still one disconnected.   Time to "git er done"

DTAggie

Welcome Chili Head..soon to be Smoke Head

Chili Head

Seasond and first food smoke complete  ;D

I'll post details in the proper section  ;D ;)

Teaser picture

ArnieM

Good going Chili Head.  The QC out of China isn't so hot.

Your ABTs look great  :D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

DTAggie

watchdog56

Welcome Chili head and good job on those ABT's.