Auber dual probe - wall mount or hanging?

Started by roberts22, July 29, 2010, 06:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberts22

Hey OBS experts,
I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Auber PID dual probe here soon and wanted to ask - which is better, the wall mount probe or the hanging probe?  Is the wall mount easy to install?  Seems so, but I wanted to ask the professionals.  Either way I'm pulling the trigger on one of the bad boys so it's a win-win for me!
Cheers,
Brandon

GusRobin

I got the wall mount. It is easy to install. If I had to do it again I would get the hanging. It gives you more flexibility when you load the bradley with meat instead of having a stationary probe.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

TestRocket

I've got the hanging type and agree with Gus above.

And you going to like the control it will give you!

TTNuge

Another vote for hanging.  I put mine in the wall last time and would rather have the flexibility that goes with leaving it hanging.

Brisket Lover

Hi do you have a link to what you purchased?  I'm wanting to get one also.

Thank you

BL

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Up In Smoke

2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

squirtthecat

I'm a dangler as well.   Much more flexibility.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Quarlow

Dangle. The thing with the wall mount is that it mounts to the back where the cabinet is the hottest so you are not getting a true measure of what your food is recieving for heat. When you have it loose you can hang it right under the rack your food is on and then you know for sure what temp is where the food is.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.