And so it begins-----

Started by GusRobin, September 11, 2010, 04:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

I have been watching and reading and I stand and applaude you!

That Ham is a thing of Beauty.

WOW!

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

iceman

WOW is all I can say Gus!!! That is a work of art.  :)

punchlock

squirtthecat

Tenpoint5

Was the Ham everything you thought it would be taste wise? Since you hammered into right away How was the outer layer of goodness? Salty, Sweet, Delicious? 
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

deb415611

GusRobin

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 12, 2010, 06:02:31 PM
Was the Ham everything you thought it would be taste wise? Since you hammered into right away How was the outer layer of goodness? Salty, Sweet, Delicious? 

I was surprised that it wasn't more smokey considering 8 hrs of Hickory. I did FTC it for about 3 hours before cutting in to it. It wasn't too salty. I don't like country ham so this was just right as far as salt taste. Yes it is delicious. As I said this was a test run for Christmas. Afer one bite the wife's comment was " This is definitely what we are having for Christmas".
Thanks again for all the help.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

SouthernSmoked

Gus, that's a thing of beauty.

Awesome Job!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Smokin Soon

WOW! a 31 hour smoke! Is that a new record here? Great job!

Bavind

Tenpoint5

Your welcome even though you did all the work.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ArnieM

Really a great looking ham Gus.  I'm glad your practice session turned out good.  Looks like you're all set for Christmas.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: ArnieM on September 13, 2010, 08:18:57 AM
Really a great looking ham Gus.  I'm glad your practice session turned out good.  Looks like you're all set for Christmas.
Gus can't go wrong. He has corporate approval. Momma is probably Bragging him up at work this morning.

TestRocket

Congrats Gus,

Looks like you have your game plan for both Thanksgiving and Christmas in hand!