Quick question about smoking chicken

Started by Chili Head, September 11, 2010, 11:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

The second element is very easy to install. I had my OBS more then 4 years prior to putting in the second element, and it makes a world of difference in recovery times. Since it recoveries faster you food get done sooner. I don't use my brick anymore, and I don't have to preheat 30°F - 50°F degrees over the temperature that I want to cook at. But you shouldn't do this modification without a temperature controller such as a PID or a DigiQ.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

wonko the sane

I know exactly what you mean, about using whatever is on hand. The ribs I did yesterday were rubbed with a simple mixture of Asian 5 spice powder, light brown granulated sugar, and cayenne pepper. Very sweet & tangy on the first bite. About 30 seconds later, the pepper REALLY let you know it was there. Nothing that set your mouth on fire, but the delayed reaction "heat" that spread through the mouth added something intangible to the ribs. I need to learn to keep records, and "measure" what I use. As it is now, I open the cabinet, or the fridge, see what's in there, grab stuff that looks good, and mix it all together. You know, it's the "A little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of the other stuff" method. I then marinated the ribs in "Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce" overnight. At least, this time, I know what the ingredients were. This gets better every time I use it. There should be a TV series, devoted solely to Bradley smoker's, and what can be done with them. If everyone on the planet had a Bradley, they'd be too busy creating, smoking, eating, and sharing, to get involved with all the other nonsense that stresses them out. Lets start a Worldwide campaign! Instead of; "A chicken in every pot", it will be "A Bradley for everyone who eats!" I think it would go over quite well. The adventure continues.....
Impermanent are all things created.....Strive on in Awareness