Paducah BBQ Fest Shopping List

Started by KyNola, September 11, 2010, 12:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Good one Tim! :D Actually the team is Martha's Vineyard and Backwoods.  Martha's Vineyard is a great organization that feeds hundreds that are down and out every week at no charge.  The Backwoods part is Backwoods BBQ.  Backwoods BBQ is the pro team we're going to be feeding.  This will get interesting. :D :o 8)    

SouthernSmoked

Sounds awesome, is Hal bringing down the Stump's?
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

KyNola

Nah, we'll be cooking on the Backwoods BBQ smokers.  Thursday night we're just gonna smoke a few chickens and drink some beer with the team.  However Thursday night can be a busy night so we'll see what it brings. ;)

SouthernSmoked

Did you say drink beer with a few chickens?? :) ;) :D ;D :D ;D ;D

Sounds awesome guys -- Enjoy!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

hal4uk

Wooo-Hooo! 
Have Thermapen, Will Travel.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

KyNola

Well, unfortunately some things are just not meant to be.  The logistics of getting both Hal and Pat to the BBQ Fest Thursday night is extremely difficult at best.  For that reason, it appears we are going to have to decline the opportunity to smoke with one of the teams Thursday night.  Arrival times are going to be later than originally thought and finding parking for Pat's vehicle and getting them to their hotel is now our highest priority as all of the streets around their hotel which is right across the street from the Festival will be closed for several blocks out.  Downtown Paducah is not really equipped for a crowd of this size, 30-50,000 so it becomes a challange just getting there.

I was at the Fest site this morning and let me tell you I have never seen so many huge smokers and piles of hickory in my life.  Some of them have already fired them up and have begun burning hickory in order to get their fires right.  The Fest doesn't start until tomorrow!

squirtthecat

Yeah, I wish we could have gotten on the road earlier, but MrsSTC has obligations at school that morning.  Then we'd have to load the car and book it 4 hours down to Paducah City Limits.

Looks like it might take me an hour just to park!

Larry, do you have any repo'd helicopters at the bank?   Or maybe an old ambulance?  :D

KyNola

Was on site tonight.  All of the teams have already fired their smokers because they start serving lunch tomorrow and continue serving everyday and night until Saturday night.  Wish I could have gotten a pic of the hickory cloud.  As I texted STC, "almost brought a tear to my eye".

Once STC and Hal arrive tomorrow evening, I will let them report on the festivities.  A great movie line altered just a bit. "I love the smell of hickory in the morning".

hal4uk

This is gonna be fun!
I've got my map here... 
Now all I have to do is find "Paducah"... 
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: KyNola on September 22, 2010, 06:29:51 AM
Downtown Paducah is not really equipped for a crowd of this size, 30-50,000 so it becomes a challange just getting there.

When did Paducah get a downtown?  Or did it borrow one for the festival?
;D  ;D  ;D
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Caneyscud

So BLSH - you've been to Paducah!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Danged, I wish I'd done some more advanced planning.  I was in Hoptown yesterday - just another few miles, and I could have been in Paducah.  But then I'd have to go through Eddyville.   That gives me the creeps - I've been in the bowels of that prison.  It used to be a not too fun of a place. 

Wonder if I can make up a trip to Hopkinsville tomorrow?  And pass the Pembroke exit, not notice it until I get to Paducah.  Of course then it will be about lunch time.  And what is good for lunch but barbecue.  Gotta eat before I turn around and "find" Hoptown. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

squirtthecat

We're ready to go!

Or I should say, MrsSTC is ready to go - I still have to pack.   That takes me about 4 minutes..

I do have the important stuff boxed up and already in the car.  Larry's box o' goodies.  CT, Soileau's and a healthy portion of the rare but wonderful Head Country Championship Rub!

I also have the necessary communication/photography apps/wires/gear for sharing the fun w/ everyone on the forum.

We just need to finalize our route through the Metro East cornfields, so I don't end up in Indiana.

KyNola

BLSH, we had a downtown trucked in.  We rented it from a movie filming lot out of Hollywood.

CS, You're only about 2 hours away. Come on up.