First Brisket

Started by Rainmaker, September 11, 2010, 10:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TestRocket

Looks like you done real well! Have a shot of Jack for yourself!

Rainmaker

Dinner was a rousing success with rave reviews for the brisket all around.  Unfortunately, we had to give so many seconds that there is barely enough left for my wife and I for dinner tomorrow.  It was really moist.  I see what Pachanga means when he says in his recipe that when he accidentally dropped a brisket once it blew apart.  Mine felt that the same thing would happen to it.  When I pulled the brisket out of the FTC, IT was about 135.  I put back in the OBS for an hour and it was good and hot when served.  Only problem was the bark softened up a lot.  It was nice and crispy when I first pulled it

Sorry no pictures.  Thanks to all who gave advice throughout the day and particularly to Pachanga for posting his recipe and method on the site.  I will definitely use that one again - just start a little later.

SouthernSmoked

JimV

To a job well done... Congrats!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Pachanga

It is nice to get that first one under your belt.  Few to no leftovers is always a good sign that things turned out well.

You will be a pro by your third and develop your own style soon thereafter by tweaking to your particular tastes.

I look forward to your future successes and posts.

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

PS Thanks for the rain, Rainmaker.  We got 10 inches the other day in Arlington.  The lake I live on came up 9 - 11 feet in 12 hours.  The dock was under water for a while and the boat had to be pulled out of the slip but that is life on a lake.

Tenpoint5

No left overs means you have to make another one!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Rainmaker

Wife's already asking for another one.  Plus, she invited her father to dinner tonight to help finish the leftover.  Darn, less for me!

DTAggie