Catfish Help

Started by Turkeyman, May 05, 2006, 02:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman

I want to try and smoke some catfish. Does anyone have any ideas or recipes to share thanks.

jaeger

Turkeyman,
I would think a lemon based marinade would be good. I did a search and I came up with an interesting variation. It calls for apple and pineapple juice. Here is a link -        http://www.bbq-porch.org/recipes/html/r1290.htm

Lawry's has a nice variety of marinades that would work well also including a Lime Mesquite. This was really good on the last Bnls Chicken Breast that we smoked. "Adolphs" makes a mesquite seasoning packet that you add water to that would be good.I don't know why you couldn't use filets or nuggets for these recipes as well. One thing for sure, I would have at least 3 variations at the same time to give yourself a better idea of your favorite for the next time. I'll just bet you will be doing this again.
If you do a search you will see a lot of interesting recipes. I found several recipes for using the finished smoked catfish as the main ingredient in dips and cracker spreads.
Let us know how your catfish turns out!

Closed    Gone Fishing!

Bassman

Turkeyman,
I smoked catfish using the recipe from Smoke & Spice. It was called peppered catfish. Came out great :P I think I posted the recipe here somewhere awhile ago. If you do a search you might be able to find it.HTH :)
Jack

farmergil

I was justing wondering about smoking time and cooking time along with the temperture.

thanks Gil