First Smoke with Auber...Help

Started by porterdriver, November 26, 2010, 12:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porterdriver

I have my 6-rack BDS plugged into my new dual probe Auber PID.  I am only smoking by time so I do not have Probe Two stuck in anything.  I have the SG working independently of the Auber.  TEMP 1 window is displaying temperature just fine.

My problem/question is on TEMP 2/TIME is only displaying a "-H-", there is a slow beeping sound that I can't silence, and the "R" light is on.

I know this is not correct but at the very least I want to silence the beep.  Help anyone?

GusRobin

Are both probes plugged in the PID? Plug them both in and it should stop. There may be a way to set it for only using one but I am not sure how to do it. But if you plug both in at least the beep should stop.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

porterdriver

No bueno.  Both probes plugged in...beeping continues.

SouthernSmoked

Try this .... switch the probes around if the info also switches you may just have a bad probe.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

porterdriver

OK, called Auber.  I was a momentary attack of stupidity on the owner's part.

In a frantic attempt to silence alarms and clear the -H- from the display, I wildly mashed buttons and zeroed values out.

Guess what?  zeroing out the P I and D values really FUBAR the operation of the Auber.  We put correct default values in and magically it works properly.

The only real bit of new info that I found out was that when using a single probe that you should set the r1 and r2 values to 6 instead of the default 1.  That shuts off the R light and moves the 'smoke generation' to the final cycle which is unused (in this case).

This description is probably more confusing than it needs to be but I left my engineering degree in my other pant's pocket.

SouthernSmoked

They do have great customer service!

Glad everything is back in order.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

classicrockgriller

If you aren't going to monitor using the meat temp, then all

6 steps have to be set to time and you can unplug the meat probe.

I was unaware the pid would control the digital smoke gen.

Thought it only controled the OBS.

porterdriver

CRG,

I think it can control the SG on the DBS but there are some caveats.  At this point, I'm simply trying go 'best two-out-of-three falls' with the Auber to control the heat much less get into any of the me esoteric settings.

I got the time-cook with a single probe and a single cycle to work.  So I will branch out from here and eventually get the hang of this thing.  So powerful and but less confusing than 24-hours ago.

BuyLowSellHigh

I don't think the Auber will control the Digital SG, as the digital SG has an electronic switch.  The Auber merely supplies power to the SG outlet when called for in the program - it's just like plugging the SG in, it won't activate the switch.  If you plug your digital SG in then you will see exactly what will happen when the Auber says on - quick on at power up then off (until you hit the switch).
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here