Digital Meat Thermometer?????

Started by SmokeyDrew, September 14, 2010, 11:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokeyDrew

I am sure that this has been done before....

I am looking for the BEST digital meat thermometer.  I don't need wireless but it is fine if it's there, though my DBS is pretty far away from my house and from what I read the range is not going to work.

I just want the MOST accurate thermometer for IT of my meats. 

I currently have 2 of the Bradley Digital Thermometers, but was wondering if anyone knows of something better?

Thanks in advance,

Drew

ArnieM

I think all of the digitals are pretty accurate.  The main problem is placement in the meat.

The Mav ET-73 works well for me.  I learned from squirt to throw away the batteries it comes with and use some fresh good quality batteries.  They have extended the range.

I have a number of probes.  I've checked them all in boiling water, including the OBS door probe.  They all match up pretty well.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Habanero Smoker

As Arnie has already stated, most digitals are fairly accurate in reading temperatures. The more expensive ones reads and reports the temperatures more quickly using a Thermocouple to measure temperatures. The lesser ones use a Thermistor-style resistor that takes more time to measure temperature changes. Also the more expensive ones may be better quality; such as more water tight probes etc.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

RAF128

I have a couple.   One I bought directly from Bradley and the second was bought at Homedepot.    The 2nd has a wireless remote buy find it doesn't work well in the house.   The smoker is in the garage.   If I were to sit on the patio enjoying some cool ones then it works.

SmokeyDrew

Thanks guys!  I appreciate the feedback.