Need some Tech advice

Started by SL2010, September 10, 2010, 04:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SL2010

I was wondering if there was any was to install a rotisserie on my BDS 4 rack I have the rotisserie  box from grill that I have never used I was thinking if any one knows how then they would be on here thanx

DTAggie

Smokin Soon

I really do not think you want do do that. The smoke is sort of a gentle swirl process and takes it time and does a very good job.

beefmann

might want to think of doing a vertical one  and  go through the  top hole and  support the  bottom above the v tray, so you  can  catch the  drippings in the v tray, going through the sides  has insulation  and  would be harder to insert the bar into.

Good luck

Tenpoint5

Quote from: beefmann on September 11, 2010, 10:16:14 AM
might want to think of doing a vertical one  and  go through the  top hole and  support the  bottom above the v tray, so you  can  catch the  drippings in the v tray, going through the sides  has insulation  and  would be harder to insert the bar into.

Good luck

That's what I was thinking. Suspend it down through the vent hole. Maybe make a stand that would sit on top of the Bradley and support the motor, then let the rod hang down in with a hook and eye type connector for easy insertion and removal
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Brisket Lover

I know it could be done but I as wondering what you would accomplish by doing this?  I know I've been away for a while so you may have stated elsewhere that you have a heating element  in the middle of your OBS. The only reason to rotisserie is when you need to get heat on all sides. Smoking is low temp, long wait, high reward cooking and I'm not sure a rotisserie would add anything but headaches.

ArnieM

I agree with Brisket Lover.  The rotisserie is used for direct, high heat.  I couldn't think of any use for it in a low and slow smoker.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Quarlow

And I agree with you all. You could do it no problem but the benefit is not there. If you want even heat just flip the meat half way threw. The idea of a rotiserre is that you are cooking on high flame heat which would burn the meat if it sat still. So you keep it turning to get the even heat all the way around it while keeping it from burning. This is not needed in the Bradley cause of the low temp. I went threw this when I got my OBS but when I analyized it, it made no sense to me.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

SL2010

Thanks to all I guess that I was only thinking a Whole turkey or chickens Im glad i wrote that topic instead going with my first impulse and drilling a couple of holes in my smoker thanks again