Darqman and His New Harley ..... Bad Accident

Started by classicrockgriller, September 16, 2010, 01:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Wow just read this. So sorry to hear about this Darqman. But I am so glad you are alive. I have gone to too many bike riders funerals in the last 6 years since all the guys at work got into riding. Glad yours isn't one. Get well soon. I know your pain as you may have heard about my shoulder. Heres to your speedy recovery.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

manxman

Take good care Darqman, best wishes for a speedy discovery.
Manxman

Caribou

Chili Head

Glad to see you're outa the hospital, thats great news!

Get well soon  ;)

Mr Walleye

Wow... I just read this today as well.... Holy crap Darqman, that's some serous healing ya gotta do. I certainly hope everything goes good for you and will be thinking about ya for sure. I see Sonny is puttin' together a big feed bag for ya. Awesome... absolutely awesome Sonny.

With Sonny's help you'll back at it in no time!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

classicrockgriller

UPDATE:

Talk to Steve this afternoon and it sounded like his meds are working! ;D

He told me that everyday he is a little more sore than the day before.

He is re-thinking his time line of staying with his parents and thinks he

will be there longer than he orig thought.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

DarqMan

Thank you all for the prayers and the get well wishes.  This forum has the best group of folks!

I'm at home now and just wanted to make a quick reply to thank you all for thinking of me.  The wounds will heal and I will ride again, BUT... I WILL be wearing a helmet from now on.  I was so lucky I didn't crack my skull open.  The emergency room doctor reminded me of this fact every stitch he put in!  I have pics and stories but they would just ruin everyone's appetite for BBQ (ask CRG, they're ugly) so I won't get into the ugly details.

it feels good to have friends like you that care.  Thank you all.

Steve
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

classicrockgriller

Good to see you feeling a little better.

Call if you need anything!

DTAggie

Steve - so glad you did not crack that skull open.  Wishing you the best!

hal4uk

Glad to hear you're on the mend...

When you're ready, I suggest one of those geeky-looking "cop" helmets (the ones that look like an upside-down bowl).
On a hot day, they don't build up as much heat (passing out from heat ain't a good idea rolling on 2 wheels).
Also, with "full" helments, if you land just right, the back bottom can break your neck (and that ain't good either).
Awrighten.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Steve, we're gonna get you something with a little more protection then a helmet...

BuyLowSellHigh

Glad you're recovering and can enjoy the benefits of modern medicinal chemistry (i.e., drugs).  Helmets are a pain but, in my opinion, a must.  If it weren't for a helmet I wouldn't be sitting here typing this.  In a very similar type of accident (hit a deer on a bike when I was  doing 60 mph) the helmet definitely saved my life.

Get well soon !
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here