HAMZILLA in the making!!

Started by Tenpoint5, September 17, 2010, 11:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

BuyLowSellHigh

Good gawd that's a lot of pig!  This is going to take a while.

That picture is reminding me of the peg leg pig joke.   ;D
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Tenpoint5

Six hours into this smoke and the ham which started at 38º is up yo 73º. I'm almost halfway there!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mow_delon

This monster may be the coolest thing I have ever seen...

Tenpoint5

Update after the 12 hour drying period. The IT of the ham is up to 89º (started at 38º) The temp has been bumped up to 140º and the smoke has started to roll. I will apply 8 hours of Hickory Smoke this is the flavoring period. This is like a hockey game 3 periods. The Drying, The Flavoring, and the Cooking/Finishing. I will post a picture again after the smoke is done rolling, which should be about 1am.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Sailor

You should not have any problem at all getting concentrated smoke it that Bradely.  Don't look like you have much air displacement left over after hanging that beast of a ham.  :o ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

punchlock

Sounds like all is well in hamville, can't wait to see the pics.

classicrockgriller

Up Till 1 rollin smoke. I have done that! ;D

You might have to rename the Hamzilla to ...

Hamilla cause you might not get any zzzzzzzzzz.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 25, 2010, 04:13:59 PM

Wanna Bet!! I planned this so I would be able to kill the smoke and take a nap from 1-7 am while the PID is in autopilot. I even snuck in a 2 hour nap this afternoon until some hungover strung out Monkey called and woke me up!! ;D :D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 25, 2010, 05:51:25 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 25, 2010, 04:13:59 PM

Wanna Bet!! I planned this so I would be able to kill the smoke and take a nap from 1-7 am while the PID is in autopilot. I even snuck in a 2 hour nap this afternoon until some hungover strung out Monkey called and woke me up!! ;D :D

Least it twert me this time  :D  :D

classicrockgriller

I came Home SOBER!

I had to drive 1 1/2 hrs back Home.

Tenpoint5

Well it is just about 1am I went out and caught the last minute of this 8 hour Smoke. I even caught it on camera when I opened the door.

Now Hamzilla has definitely taken on some great color. She is only at 109º after 20 hours in the smoker. Now I will bump up the temp to 170º change out the water, which also catches any drippings, and it is time for me to take a nap until morning and wait for the internal temp to reach 152º. Just to be mean I took a second pic a little closer to really show off the great color.

Quarlow

OMG how will you sleep with that thing around
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

You might have out done yourself!

You should do a video for the rest of us idiots.

FLBentRider

Would you look at the color on that Ham!

I would.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!