The ham virus has taken over the forum!!! Please be carefull.....

Started by punchlock, September 18, 2010, 04:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

punch, it sure looks nice.

Might have to get these a try soon.

Tenpoint5

Punch the outer rind and fatty areas will retain more salt. Once your ham has rested in the fridge and you start slicing it, the salty taste should go away. Your ham sure turned out looking perty. I can't wait to hear how it tastes for you.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

punchlock

well that's good to hear can't wait to taste it after it's little nap.

Carter

My mouth is watering looking at that thing.  WOW.  That's a beautiful thing Punchlock

BuyLowSellHigh

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

VI_Smoker

That looks awesome - I have a feeling I'm going to have to have a go at doing one!!

punchlock

Well today I pulled the ham from it's resting place and served it for supper. Now I have to say Tenpoint when you told me the salt would mellow I was skeptical. I will never doubt you again, the seasoning was perfect the taste was outstanding and I appreciate all your guidance.

I doubt I will ever buy a store bought ham again.

Tonight's simple meal

All cut up and ready for the deep freeze

I am roasting the bones off in the oven for a batch of baked beans. Not gonna let that flavor go to waste.

Beans soaking

classicrockgriller

Tenpoint5

Great to here you enjoyed it. I didn't do any special and I dang sure am not a pro at this stuff. I am still learning new stuff every day around here.

I have to ask. Do you have little kids or do you just make that big of a mess, that there is a plastic cover on the table just where you eat??? ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

punchlock

punchlock

I'm at it again, thanks to TenPoint5.....
        This one weighed in at a whopping 32 lbs. Notice the ham netting I had did not fit the ham, it was a chore to get it to work. been riding in the cabinet for 17.5 hours and I have 4 hours left of smoking to do before the final cook.

Ham makes me happy  ;D should I see a doctor?

KyNola

classicrockgriller

FLBentRider

... And it seems like I've been in every store within 25 miles and there is NOT A HAM TO BE FOUND!!! ARG!!!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!