kens cannonball barbecue sauce

Started by unclefish, September 18, 2010, 07:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unclefish

I went to lunch on friday ordered the special, cheeseburg with bacon letuce tom, I asked the waitress if they had any barbecue sauce, she says yea this stuff is great they had just got it in. kens steak house cannonball barbecue sauce for out of the bottle it was pretty dam good. I looked at super wallyworld the other day and they did not have it, I will try stop & shop tomarrow. test it out ......

DTAggie

Ken's Steak House, from Bryan, Texas?

Habanero Smoker

Ken's Steak House originated in Farmington, MA and now sells it's products under the brand name Ken's. I know that Shop Rite carries Ken's products but I haven't seen that particular BBQ sauce in the stores around me. If you see a store carrying Ken's (most only carry the salad dressings), ask if they will order it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BuyLowSellHigh

The barbecue sauce comes from Ken's Foods, which is a separate and distinct company from Ken's Steakhouse.  Ken's Foods was started by friends of the couple who opened Ken's Steakhouse, following the interest in the steak house salad dressing.  There likely is a relationship of some kind between Ken's Foods and Ken's Steakhouse; at least there is some kind of licensing agreement to use the Ken's Steak House name on some of the products.

The sauce you're looking for may be limited to foodservice distribution.  Ken's Foods produces a lot of products for the foodservice industry that never make it to retail outlets.  They also produce and bottle some very well known brand names for other companies (Paul Newman's salad dressing, Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue sauce).  If you look at the Ken's Foods website for their retail products you won't find the Cannonball Barbecue Sauce (or any other barbecue sauce) listed.  But it does show up in the products from Ken's Foodservice, which is the arm of Ken's Foods for the restaurant trade.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Habanero Smoker

I must have read their heritage page too quickly.

Ken's Foods

I was in Price Chopper and Shop Rite today and the only Ken's products they had were the salad dressing and marinades. No barbecue sauces.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)