Recipe for smoked dove

Started by claycountysmoker, September 19, 2010, 11:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claycountysmoker

Good Morning.  Yes, I am new to the forum.  Have been using a Bradley smoker for about 2 years.  Dove Season here in Texas.  Would like tasty recipe to smoke doves for a social scheduled at ranch this weekend.  Thank you.

GusRobin

welcome to the forum. I don't know much about doves but I am sure someone will come along shortly. If not you may want to repost in the "meat" or "poultry" section.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum claycountysmoker!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smokin Soon

for a quick and dirty, marinate in Italian dressing, wrap in Bacon and smoke away!

KevinG

I haven't tried to smoke my dove, I'm not sure there's enough meat, I think it might dry out. I'd probably try a cold smoke, then slow cook in a crock pot.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Chili Head

I haven't had my Bradley long enough to smoke dove but we have wrapped em in bacon, sprinkle a bit of garlic salt on em and toss em on the grill. Very goood ;D
I would wrap em in 1/3 piece of bacon held on with a tooth pic and give em 40 minutes of maple smoke at 250 deg until done  ;)

DTAggie

I don't smoke mine.  Wrap bacon around a breast with a slice of jalapeno and onion and cook over mesquite is we ever do.

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little