Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Good Gawd!

That is a killer mixer.

Just amazing.

Can I be your brother?

Very Nice!

dAWGS

well the next question is....how much for the supplies to build one?   and how much for you to build me one and ship it?

BigJohnT

pikeman_95,

Your my kind of guy... I love to invent and make things. That sausage mixer is really awesome workmanship. Are you a machinist or fabricator? I have a small machine/fabrication shop.

check out the drill on my grain crusher...

http://suburb.semo.net/jet1024/Mill.htm

John

pikeman_95

I do equipment design for a large chemical company. Which has nothing to do with sausage but I build all sorts of stuff in my shop. It is my relaxation. I use a Auto cad Program to design my toys so I know the parts will fit. I made a mistake on my last post and showed the wrong video. You will have to look at my post on my hydraulic sausage stuffers. Here is the proper video of the mixer at work. I mixed 32 pounds in 45 seconds and it was all completely mixed.

http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad274/pikeman_95/Large%20hog%20casings/?action=view&current=100_6590.mp4

I am going to start a post on this weekends sausage project.

BigJohnT

That's an awesome mixer. Looks like it is better and faster than the commercial mixer I have. I design and build automation equipment for a living. I use SolidWorks mostly and OneCNC but I  use ACAD for some 2-D stuff like electrical prints and building layouts.

I'm looking forward to your post on the sausage project. I have a 11lb stuffer that I have a pneumatic cylinder to fit up to it but have not had the time to make the adapter.

I just looked at your stuffing video... cool. BTW, I make up to 1 1/2 OD custom stuffing tubes for Scott.

John

pikeman_95

I use Auto cad light but I have learned to draw in three dimension with a two dimension program. This helps with the ability to make sure things fit. Tonight when I get home I will Post the pictures and video I made of the stuffing process. I also have a power point presentation on the operating instructions for the hydro stuffer. By the way I had a pneumatic stuffer at one time and I found that air does not work well. It is a compressable where water is not. When you shut off the water pressure things stop where they are at. With air things keep moving because the air is compressed and has stored energy.
The stuffer design that I have come up with can be made in any size you want. All you have to do is have different length tubes. All of the parts are interchangeable. It only takes me about two minutes or less to change out tubes.
The bucket mixer for a guy with your abilities should be a snap. I am thinking about working on some smaller version for the 5 and 10 pound guys. I just rarely do something that small. It is not worth getting all of my equipment dirty for the small batches.
Kirby

BigJohnT

Kirby,

Thanks for the heads up on the pneumatic cylinder. I'll still go ahead and give it a go with it but use a center open valve instead of a regular center closed valve so when I release the valve all pressure from the cylinder is released. I have a complete set of stuffing tubes for my 11lb stuffer from a dual 7/16 OD snack stick tubes up to a 1 1/2 OD tube so I'll use that stuffer... hmm I have a couple of linear actuators at the other shop... I could CNC it.

I use ACAD 2000 lite, how do you do 3-D?

John

pikeman_95

If you stay pneumatic, consider adding a valve to you discharge tube. They make a plastic ball valve that is like a union so you can take it apart and clean it after use. You could leave you air pressure on to the ram and just let the meat come through the valve and use it to control. When I tried to use air, the air tended to get by the O rings and get into the meat.

To draw 3D you add line thickness. Go into the object properties and change the line thickness. You just have to use Your O snaps to make sure that your attachment points are where you want them. You then use your Iso views to view them.

Kirby

BigJohnT

Kirby,

I'm fitting a pneumatic cylinder to push on the stuffer disk so there is no way air can get in.

Thanks for the tip on the 3D.

I'll try and get something worked up to show you what I'm thinking about.

John

pikeman_95

Here are some pictures of my different stuffers. The two smaller stuffers are my new design. Notice that they have many fewer parts to make.

Here is the 6 pound stuffer that was built for a friend and will be delivered tomorrow.

here is the 10 pound stuffer.

and then the 15 Pound stuffer or as I like to call it the Sausage Howitzer. It was built with the older design.

and my large 65 pound vertical stuffer.

BigJohnT

Kirby,

That is an awesome collection of stuffers. The workmanship is really superb on them.

What are you using for a piston a test plug?

John

pikeman_95

If you look at the picture of the 10 # stuffer you will see the piston. It is made out of UHMW poly. It is 2" thick and I cut them out with a router table. I then have made an tool to use the router to cut the O ring groves. They seal very well and do not leak. They use a double O ring seal. the bolt on the right keeps the ram from coming out of the tube and into the end cap when the ram is retracted into the stuffer. The knob on the left side gives you something to help you remove the ram from the stuffer when you are done stuffing.

Kirby

BigJohnT

Kirby,

That is slick for sure using a router table to make them. When you want to make a CNC one holler...

John

marauder11

do you ever get  plastic off the bottom of the bucket scraping off into the sausage

pikeman_95

The pipe bushing sticks out about 1/8 of an inch at the bottom and keeps the blades from hitting the bottom. The blades thrust the meat down so it rolls the meat near the bottom. There is no time that the blade hits the bucket on the bottom or the sides, It misses it by 1/8 of an inch but never hits. That is why there is a shaft that the mixer blade follows up and down. And that is why there is a bushing screwed to the top of the bucket.
Kirby