Freezer goes out ....make a fatty

Started by Sailor, September 11, 2010, 04:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

Garage freezer GFCI tripped out last night and this morning I found that several packages of homemade spicy Italian sausage were about ½ thawed and my left over brisket was pretty thawed.  Oh....what to do ....what to do?  Ahhhhhhh I think it is fatty time!

Diced the brisket up and spread in on the sausage and sprinkled some shredded mozzarella and drizzled some BBQ sauce then rolled it up.   1st time for a bacon weave and it came out pretty good.

Hit the fatty with 2 hours of Oak and smoked it at 225 to IT of 165.  Had 4 links that had to be cooked so they went on as well.

I know the Bradley is not supposed to produce a smoke ring but it looks like it produced a bit of a ring to me.  But what do I know.

Ready to be rolled.

Rolled up in the bacon weave.

Just out of the smoker.

Ready to be served up.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Quarlow

Wow that fatty has some real nice bounce to it....ooops sorry, I mixed it up with your new avatar. That fatty looks so tasty with a heartattack attached. ;D  Are they greasy when they are done?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

DTAggie

ArnieM

Nice job Sailor.  Ya have to make do with what ya have; good save.  Also, looks like a great job on your first weave.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Habanero Smoker

The fattie looks good. The ring was created by the cure that was in the bacon.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TestRocket

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

classicrockgriller

fattie fattie 2 X 4 ....

Can't get in the Bradley door.

Super job sailor. It all looks very nice.

DarqMan

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

highlandsmoker

FYI you should never have a freezer or frig plugged intoa GFCI.  for reasons you now already know. food looks great.

NePaSmoKer

Sailor

Quote from: highlandsmoker on September 22, 2010, 10:05:39 AM
FYI you should never have a freezer or frig plugged intoa GFCI.  for reasons you now already know. food looks great.

Yep....I agree, however that is the only outlet in my garage and the code here requires it.  We get so much rain in South Florida and the water drips in the garage that they require a GFCI.  I changed out the GFCI and all is good.  GFCI can and will go bad.  If I could not fix that problem then I was prepared to install a regular outlet and a weather proof GFCI on the branch circuit that goes to the exterior plug.  Guess I could go on a diet so that I would fit the attic scuttle hole and then drop in a new circuit to the panel for my work bench.  I may have to do that anyway if I every get around to making a home for the Bradley in the garage.  ;D

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 22, 2010, 10:29:52 AM
How bout it.........Looks fantastic

It was really good!  Gave 1/2 to the neighbors and they want me to make another one for them.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

DTAggie

StickyDan

Wow, life served you lemons and you made a fatty.  'At a boy. ;D