Bisquettes won't advance

Started by Newsmoker13, September 23, 2010, 11:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsmoker13

I am having a problem with my Bradley 4 rack digital smoker. The bisquettes won't self advance, not all the time but most of the time. The timer is working and the smoke generator goes through the motion of advancing the bisquits but it seems that the pusher doesn't go far enough rearward to allow the new bisquit to drop. I have cleaned it repeatedly, even taking the cover off and cleaning the inside. Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks  :(

Caneyscud

Check the alignment of the feeder tube with the "drop hole".  You can look down into the feeder tube to see if there is a misalignment. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

RAF128

Have you ever got a bisquit jammed in it.   If so it might be the motor has a stripped gear or two.   If that's the problem it's an easy fix.    Get a new motor from Bradley for about $10.    It happened to one of my bradleys.    If you listen real close you could hear it.

smoker pete

Just had the same problem with my OBS and had some great advice from members and Brian at Bradley.  After a series of tests, cleaning, etc. it was determined that the motor needed to be replaced.  Have ordered the motor and it will be delivered in 3 to 5 working days.

Here is the link to the post so that you can see if that might be your problem.  Read down a bit cause first I thought it might be because my bisquettes were too old.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=18019.0

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Newsmoker13

Thanks to everyone who replied. I will research my smoker with your suggestions.

classicrockgriller

Sometimes the advance gets out of sync.

Check here for some more info.

You might want to check out our FAQ's

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?481-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=748#post748