How do you do an all night smoke?

Started by Smokeville, September 23, 2010, 11:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

Hi folks;

How do you set up to do a 6-8 hour unattended smoke without having to empty and refill the water bowl?

What I really need to do is smoke butts and chicken when I'm away at the Markets. For example, I'd like to put some butts on at about 7am on Saturday morning, and not have to worry about them until we get back at 1:30pm.

Thanks, Rich

Pachanga

Replace the water bowl with a disposable half size steam table pan.  You can clean this pan and use it for several smokes.  Available at Costco in a multi pack but also at most grocery stores.

Photo and directions in this thread.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=12061.0

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

RAF128

I've got a PID so I program it it it does it's own thing.    I set the digital smoke generator for the amount of smoke and let it go.   I've replaces the water bowl and bought disposable aluminum cake pans.   I fill them with water and they're good for many hours.    If it's going to an overnight smoke then I start in the evening.   When the smoke is over I empty the pan, and refill it and let it go on it's own all night.   First thing in the AM I'll check and add water if needed.

Smokeville

Thanks, guys! I knew you would give me the answer.....

My problem is capacity! I've got two smokers and we are now at 2 Farmers' Markets. I need all the smoke time I can get!

Rich

mow_delon

All night smokes work way better at night.  A 7 AM to 1:30 PM smoke is a long morning smoke.

Smokeville

Quote from: mow_delon on September 23, 2010, 12:02:43 PM
All night smokes work way better at night.  A 7 AM to 1:30 PM smoke is a long morning smoke.

Oh So True!

Smokeville

OK, after 5 hours everything is not-to-bad except the pucks are mounding up in a pile.

I filled the pans about 1/2 full. Should they be a lot fuller?

Thanks, Rich