SMOKE and Stuff Web Site

Started by waterkc, September 24, 2010, 09:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterkc

Hey does anyone know how to get a hold of the SmokeandStuff.com folks? I put and order on the 14th and have a paypal receipt but nothing else. No shipping info, no confirmation, nada. The web site has zero contact info on it. So no clue how to get a hold of them. Dang it I hate sites that don't have some sort of contact info. argh!

any help would be great.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

justpete

Is this them?

Smoke and Stuff - (831) 642-9714

541 Tyler St, Monterey, CA 93940

mikeradio

He's a member on here

Scott   aka smokeitall

[email protected] 

waterkc

Thanks Mikeradio, Scott sent me and email that he was having techy issues. We got it all worked out. Appreciate the help.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

waterkc

Ok so all the parts are here now and this weekend i am going to mode e hell out this puppy.

Items to be installed will be the fan kit and the second element

Toker

Sorry waterkc, just a small question for you, will you add a second sensor and a second fuse too like suggested on the recipe site for more safety just to know? Also do you have a pid controller? If so how do you like it?

classicrockgriller

Also did you get some high temp O connectors for your element?

U will also need two nuts and washers for the element ends.

Toker

THX Sunny i forgot to mentioned that   :P

waterkc

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the info, Not sure what and O connector is so I will say no I don't have that. I don't have a pid controller, I will add the fuse. I am also trying to find the instructions on the recipe site so I can follow them. It looks like I won't be doing this over the weekend. O well, maybe next weekend, again need to find the install instructions.

Toker

here is an exemple of o connector but for the mod, it need to be high temp plasticless. http://cgi.ebay.ca/Pkg-9-T-B-STA-KON-12-10-AWG-RING-CONNECTOR-RC10-12-/260221103025?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3c9662ebb1

If you dont have a pid controller i strongly suggest you to get one to controll your second element cause without it it can overheat without you to know it. The pid get your smoking experience easier anyway take the dual probe and you wont regret it i prmess you. Here is the link for the instruction on how installing the second element.  http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?572-Additional-Heating-Element-Modification&highlight=element

And in case you need it here is the link for the pid.  http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=151&zenid=c5260091722a8d7d56288ca6fa9143b0

waterkc

ahh the electrical connectors, yeah I will get those now,  :-\ .

as for the pid, I am still looking for something small and conpact that will fit into the current housing. One of my likes of this unit is that its all self contained. I have seen some pids that look like they might fit/work. I have not purchased another thermo coupler, but I guess I need to.

This is the pid I am thinking would work for mine, but I am open to suggestions.

waterkc

I am also struggling for where to get the heat resistant 14awg ring connectors. I know that some one sent a place to get the wire but i'll be danged if I can find them now. dang-it! I have been using the search all morning to no avail. urgh

Any suggestions.

Toker

Sorry, mines come from allied kenco. Don't know if its in your area but most of us here order online from them and me im a canadian. Maybe on a electrician store they have any who know?

waterkc

I think that is where I got my wire from. Thanks for the info. I am going to check the local radio shack also.

GusRobin

Make sure it is high temp appliance type. Some state they are high temp but when you read the package or the specs it is only to 200F or so. You proabley need closer to 400F to be safe. If you get appliance rated stuff you should be fine.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.