Cardboard trays for vacuum sealer

Started by MrBlitz, September 24, 2010, 04:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBlitz

Just wondering if anybody out there has a source for small cardboard trays that could be used to put sliced lox onto for vacuum sealing ... hopefully without the need to buy 500 or 1000.

Thanks for your help,
Peter

Up In Smoke

MRBLITZ,
If you check on the recipe website.....http://www.susanminor.org/
there is a recommended vendor section that covers many things like this.
Hope this helps.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

pensrock

I have bought them from that vendor. They are really great to deal with.

Habanero Smoker

Sorry if you went to the site earlier, the information was not there. It is there now. Here is a direct link to the page Up In Smoke was referring to.

A. Mindle & Associates

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

MrBlitz

Hello everybody ...

Thanks for the info.  I called up the gang at Mindle and they were very friendly.  The guy I talked to asked if I was from the Vancouver BC area ... which I am.  He gave me a local contact who I talked to and they were able to supply me with 50-100 of the salmon trays ...

Thanks a bunch to this great forum!

Peter

RossP

Peter care to share who in Vancouver the supplier is?
I have been looking for those for a year or so.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Ross

Try this company in Richmond, I am not sure of the qty you have to buy.

http://www.unipac.cc/

Brian

RossP

Thanks Brian, I will give them a call.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

MrBlitz

Hello ...

For those in the Vancouver area that are interested.  WestCoast Foodpackers located on 812 E Cordova is the name of the place where I picked up my 'salmon trays'.  Just picked them up today.  The fellow that I dealt with there is named Alex and he was very helpful. At first he was a bit hesitant dealing with such a large request as mine ... gee, can I get, say maybe 50 trays or so?  They deal with commercial accounts that order these things by the thousands.  Anyhow, after talking to Alex he said he would check for any overrun stuff they might have.  He located a couple packages for me.  One pack of about 60 or so trays was 5.5"x6".  The other pack was 50 trays that are 6"x12".  I will cut these in half to be 6"x6" since the 6x12 is a bit big for my needs.  I asked if it was okay to post his name and contact info and he said okay.  The only disclaimer is that they will not do special orders for such small quantities so you need to be willing to take what they have in terms of overruns.  The contact name is Alex and the number for WestCoast Foodpackers is 604-255-8252.  Good luck ... Peter