Paducah BBQ on the River - pics as we go..

Started by squirtthecat, September 25, 2010, 06:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Just a few more shots from around town yesterday...

Out the front window of our place.

Hal's Grandfather's grocery store.  He sold it 60+ years ago, but the current owners kept the name.  (and have even expanded to a new location)

Chief Paduke.

Another old time BBQ shack.   It's now "John's" BBQ, but you can see where the siding is falling off that it used to be "Slim's".

Not BBQ related, but we figured Deb would like to add to her fleet.

This one even comes with some trunk space.   :D

Some little flea market place that was going out of business.

And finally, and most appropriately...  (lots of upset stomachs yesterday)

Good times!

Sailor

Thank you for all of the pics.  At least we are getting to enjoy your trip just a little.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Cool and raining this morning...   Very different from when we got here. (mid-90s and humid)

Sipping coffee and reading some news - and drooling over hamzilla pics.

We've got to make one last stop at Larry's place for a Jeep to car transfer of "stuff too heavy to carry down the street"...

deb415611

Looks like you guys had a good time!  You are missing a pic of you, Larry & Hal!

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 26, 2010, 06:34:30 AM

Not BBQ related, but we figured Deb would like to add to her fleet.

I spent my non-working minutes this weekend watching you guys have fun through pics and researching my next two,  this makes the forum multi-tasking  :D .... 

Caney might like that Tarpon,  I bet it has a fishing pole holder ;D

squirtthecat

We've got one of the 3 of us...  I just need to sharpen it up a bit.

SouthernSmoked

Hey STC, thanks for the pic's I feel like I was there with you guys.

Thanks again!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

squirtthecat

We had a great time.  Stopped at IHOP on the way out of town, and Mrs is doing a bit of retail therapy before the long drive back.

Larry and Jan were gracious hosts, and made us feel right at home.

KyNola

That's because you were right at home.  It was great to finally meet Pat and Rachel and to see Hal and LaDonna again.  I just told Jan "I'm glad we don't do THIS every weekend".  Had a blast!  I have a few pics to add but with Pat being the official videographer I let him do the hard work.  I held his beer for him. ;)

KyNola

As STC mentioned, we kind of hung out with Lenny's team.  One day for lunch I decided the BBQ nachos from Lenny's would be good.  The pic is below and although bowl looks small, there is at least a half pound of pulled pork in there along with salsa, cheese, chips and jalapenos.  Oh, did I mention the price? $2.00 :o

Two crappy cell phone pics of the smoke rolling Friday night as they started getting ready for Saturday's massive throng and competition day.

Pat and Hal came bearing gifts.  3 half gallon jugs of CT, 5 jars of Soileau's Cajun Rub, Some Head Country rub and 2 prime aged beef fillets.

They went home with 80 pounds of 100% hickory pellets, 12 pack of Abita Amber and a couple pounds of JODR.

ArnieM

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 26, 2010, 07:40:45 AM

We've got one of the 3 of us...  I just need to sharpen it up a bit.

It was probably difficult to focus in "your condition".  ;D ;D

Looks like you had a lot of fun and thanks for all the pics.  Those BBQ nachos sure look good.  :D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

A few parting shots..

Menu from Lenny's restaurant in South Fulton, TN.   And they talked like they were from TN.   I heard a variety of accents this weekend, and mine was probably the 'alien' one!

As Larry mentioned, we did some 'drive through garage trading' as we left town.

2 lbs of Jan's Rub.

12 pack of Abita Amber from Louisiana.

Blurry pic of 80 pounds of 100% Hickory pellets.

Oh, and the obligatory group photo.

Tres hombres fumando..

KyNola

That black T shirt I'm wearing proudly has a Bradley insignia on the back.  The next day I wore my MAK T shirt. The day after that I wore a T shirt one of my customers bought me that says "If you must smoke.....smoke salmon".  Coming home today I wore my Lenny's Restaurant T shirt. :)

BuyLowSellHigh

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

classicrockgriller

Don't think I would trust any of that Crew to ... "Hold My Beer".

Glad you guys had a great time.