4 or 6 rack

Started by adeplonty, September 25, 2010, 12:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adeplonty

My old POS smoker has let me down for the last time!! 2 chickens ready to smoke and no smoker to cook them in.  Tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a new DBS 4 or 6 rack.  Anyone have any recommendations on which one to buy?  Thanks in advance.

FLBentRider

If you need the capacity, get the six. If you are going to hang sausage, get the six.

They both have the same 500 watt heating element.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

camoghost

I got a six, the extra room is if you ever need it.

mtim

I got a 6 only because I do venison bologna and wanted the extra room for that.  I may be wrong but I'm thinking that if you only do one thing at a time it would be better to  get the 4.  I did a 7lb butt the other day for pulling.  It came out great but it did take 18 hrs at 230 just to get to 189.  I think it may take longer in the bigger one because you are heating more "dead" space.  Am I right or wrong

beefmann

i have the 4 rack, and once or twice a year wished i had more room, i would recommend the 6 rack

smoker pete

Quote from: adeplonty on September 25, 2010, 12:46:05 PM
My old POS smoker has let me down for the last time!! 2 chickens ready to smoke and no smoker to cook them in.  Tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a new DBS 4 or 6 rack.  Anyone have any recommendations on which one to buy?  Thanks in advance.

Is it tomorrow yet?  Which one did you buy?

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

classicrockgriller

Quote from: smoker pete on September 30, 2010, 12:29:09 PM
Quote from: adeplonty on September 25, 2010, 12:46:05 PM

Is it tomorrow yet?  Which one did you buy?

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=13025.0

adeplonty

I went with the 6 rack.  For the extra $80 I didn't want to regret not having the extra room.  What I do regret is buying it right before leaving town for 3 weeks for work.

punchlock

You poor bugger that's gonna be three loooooong weeks. Congratulations on the purchase.

As they say absence makes the heart grow fonder......

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

camoghost

Quote from: adeplonty on September 30, 2010, 04:33:16 PM
I went with the 6 rack.  For the extra $80 I didn't want to regret not having the extra room.  What I do regret is buying it right before leaving town for 3 weeks for work.

congrats on the six rack, wish u the best of smokeing when you get back.