Rckcrwlr's Butt is a Smokin'

Started by Rckcrwlr, September 25, 2010, 02:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Rckcrwlr on September 26, 2010, 07:42:07 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 26, 2010, 07:30:21 AM
185-195 should be a good time to FTC it until the Game Rck

The past couple days I have been trying to figure out all the Acronyms and I am slowly catching on, just hit me what FTC was.

Don't hurt yourself trying to figure them out on your own just ask.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 26, 2010, 07:49:35 AM
Don't hurt yourself trying to figure them out on your own just ask.

It's fun trying to figure them out.  OBS was a stumper.  FTC was the next hardest.

Found the list in FAQ's just now so I am good now.  Need to print it out so my wife understands what the heck I am saying...  LOL

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?488-Answers-To-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=766#post766

Sailor

Hey Rckcrwlr,  I just read your thread showing your paint booth and your venting.  Looks like you have a great set up.  Looks like you have your smoker sitting on the floor.  After a few smokes I bet that you will be building a stand for it to get it up a bit.  You should not have any trouble venting into the booth even if you build a stand.  Great job!

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: Sailor on September 26, 2010, 08:06:21 AM
Hey Rckcrwlr,  I just read your thread showing your paint booth and your venting.  Looks like you have a great set up.  Looks like you have your smoker sitting on the floor.  After a few smokes I bet that you will be building a stand for it to get it up a bit.  You should not have any trouble venting into the booth even if you build a stand.  Great job!

Thanks

I have shelf racking where the smoker is, so I will probably raise it up off the floor.  My back doesn't like getting that low.  I should be able to bring it up about 8" and still be able to use the set up.

Rckcrwlr

181 degrees

Game starts in one hour.  Wasn't planning on putting it out until half time.  What is the lowest temp I can get away with taking it out???

It smells wonderful. 

Is it more important to get to the 190 or Time in the FTC?

pensrock

I would go to 185-190 then FTC.
If no time to FTC, I would get the IT to temp.

FLBentRider

185F - if the probe goes in real easy lower than that, yank it and FTC.

If you get to 185F and you still have a lot of resistance - leave it in.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: pensrock on September 26, 2010, 09:01:24 AM
I would go to 185-190 then FTC.
If no time to FTC, I would get the IT to temp.

Quote from: FLBentRider on September 26, 2010, 09:04:05 AM
185F - if the probe goes in real easy lower than that, yank it and FTC.

If you get to 185F and you still have a lot of resistance - leave it in.

I have a Maverick in right now.  I was going to wait for 185 and then get me other thermometer out and check, just to confirm Maverick accuracy.

Thanks for the info...

Rckcrwlr

She's done

Just before FTC

Going to start pulling in about 30 mins.

ArnieM

Looks good.  I would guess you've pulled it by now.  How did it come out?  Got more pics?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: ArnieM on September 26, 2010, 01:16:45 PM
Looks good.  I would guess you've pulled it by now.  How did it come out?  Got more pics?

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Embarrassment sets in...but I am guessing that each one of you have done this...

Started pulling it and then it happened....

Everyone became vultures.  Didn't get one pic of it.

Then it was back to the game and forgot.  I will be having a sandwich tomorrow, will post a pic then. 

GusRobin

QuoteEmbarrassment sets in...but I am guessing that each one of you have done this...
Started pulling it and then it happened....
Everyone became vultures.  Didn't get one pic of it.

Ah yes, the dreaded "feeding frenzy" has overtaken many a Kodak moment.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

pensrock

Glad everyone loved it. Plus it was a great game.  :D

KyNola

Yep, we have all encountered the feeding frenzy from family and friends. :) Nice going.

BuyLowSellHigh

You have a good looking butt!   ;D

That sauce would pass as  South Carolina sauce easily - mustard-based sauces for pork are very common in S. Carolina.  The recipe looks like a good one for a mustrad type sauce.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here