19 (not 13) hour bent brisket

Started by kaskiles, September 25, 2010, 03:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up In Smoke

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 26, 2010, 06:58:48 PM
Nice job on the brisket.

Just 1 question?

Why does your smoke generator slide look like its pushing up?   Or maybe an optical illusion perhaps.
Nepas,
I do not know about his but when i received both of my OBS the generator had to be tweaked down a little bit to clear
the v tray.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Gizmo

One reason the water bowl is dry during the first few hours of smoking is because the heating element is more or less constantly on trying to bring the temperature of the box up with the new load of meat that was just introduced.  As your food comes up to 140 deg or so, the time the heating element is on to maintain cabinet temperature will be reduced and does not evaporate the liquid in the bowl as fast.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

classicrockgriller

I think he might have missed the peg holes and the tower was just leaning up against the smoker.

Caneyscud

Kaskiles - that is an awesome looking brisket.  Super job!   Wish I could be there to help you eat it.  I am brisketless at this time and wishing I had some for lunch! 

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 25, 2010, 04:24:42 PM

Not bad .... 1 hr & 15 minutes per lb.

Whoaaaaa,  hold everything!   Do my eyes deceive me!  Just what do they teach Smoking Monkeys in East Texas?  Last time I checked my Central Texas Math and rechecked with my TN hillbilly calculator, 19 hours on an almost 10# brisket is real close to 2 hours per pound.  That would be like bragging about catching that monster trophy brown trout of..............6".  Or comparing yourself to.....uhhh better not go there.   Or like comparing my 3 day stubble with William Lee Golden's or Gibbons and Hill's beards!  :o :o
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

kaskiles

He actually wrote that hrs/lb posting at the same time I was editing my original post...
I had put down 13 hours originally because I was doing my Florida ciphering against my smoking log on 4-5 hours of sleep  :o
OBS, Et-73, bubba pucks, frogmats; Merritt Island, FL