I'll bite, what is FTC

Started by winemakers, July 01, 2005, 02:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winemakers

As a newbie,

I get that FTC is a rest period, but for the sake of my sanity,

what does it mean?

tsquared

FTC is "foil, towel, cooler" After you finish your smoke/cook, wrap your meat in foil, then a towel, then place it in a cooler for up to 6 hours. It maintains its heat and distributes the moisture in the meat evenly throughout. It finishes the meat nicely and gives you some leeway to serve guests at the right time for you.
T2

Phone Guy

I have had success adding about 1/4 cup of apple juice before closing up the foil.[:p]

winemakers

thanks,  I will rest easy tonight with the mantra, my wifes best towels, my wifes best towels,........

Phone Guy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by winemakers</i>
<br />thanks,  I will rest easy tonight with the mantra, my wifes best towels, my wifes best towels,........
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Once you get that fresh smoke scent in your towls you'll never be happy with fabric softner. I wonder if they make Hickory fabric sheets. [;)]

Phone Guy

By the way Winemakers, are you actauly "Wine Makers"? And welcome, now can I have a bottle?[:D][:D]

winemakers

good smoking info trades for good wine,  seems like a fair swap to me!

JJC

Welcome, Mark . . . didn't know there were vineyards in Ohio . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by winemakers</i>
<br />thanks,  I will rest easy tonight with the mantra, my wifes best towels, my wifes best towels,........
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Just tell her&gt;&gt;&gt;The better the towl the better the results.  Just tell her MallardWacker said so.  I'm sure that will help the smok'n karma.  Shoot I always say "Olds" said to do it.  I'm sure your wife will say the same as mine.  Like "ya Right....".....

Also WELCOME!

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

winemakers

If the wife begins to believe that the new smoker is in any way associated with duck hunting, I best pack the dog and crate and head to Motel 6.  

She claims to be a seasonal widow now.  My beloved bride just stubbled across the first email regarding the fall of 05' annual pilgramage to the mecca of North Dakota in search of the elusive hops and barl.. oops, green heads etc.  So, given my recent indiscretion, I believe I will keep all communication with 'duckwacker' classified as top secret!