Greetings all.

Started by albertapoacher, October 04, 2010, 06:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albertapoacher

I just have to say, this forum is pretty amazing and I wish I knew of sites like this 12 years ago when I started smoking. It would have saved me a'lot of grief!

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you all for the excellent posts and tips I have been reading here. I read Kummok's posts and recipe for smoked salmon and found it to be extremely helpful since I have forgotten some of the basics in smoking over the years.

Well I better get this salmon out of the brine! 

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum albertapoacher!

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

classicrockgriller

Congrats on the Bradley purchase.

Good to have you with US.

Chili Head

Welcome aboard Albertapoacher  ;)

VI_Smoker

Welcome to the forum Albetapoacher. 

RossP

Welcome albertapoacher, what part of Alberta do you hail from?
I was born in Edmonton and lived in Cold Lake for a few years.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

albertapoacher

Hi Ross,

I am from the Drayton Valley area when I lived in Alberta, but a few years ago I moved out to Victoria BC. About 12 years ago I fell in love with the weather, the salmon fishing and the all year golf, so I made the move.

The whole alberapoacher name was labeled on me years ago when I first started salmon fishing, and somehow its still my callsign on the water haha. I was using barbed hooks for salmon when I first started salmon fishing and my new friends laughed and labeled me for not knowing better. We live and learn.  :D

Are you still in Alberta?

Mike

pensrock

Welcome to the forum. You will love Kummoks salmon recipe, just remember to allow it to sit long enough to dry off and get sticky before smoking.  :)

Quarlow

Welcome to the forum Albertapoacher. I was going to say I hope its just egg's you are poaching.  ;D But then you took the wind out of my sails. Good to have you with us here on the wetcoast. You will love this place. You should look up the 2 annual gift exchange and sign up. It is a good way to get to know folks on here. It was a lot of fun last year. We also have the Iron Chef Bradley contest going right now, if you are quick and a good creative chef you could get in on it. You only have till friday but there is usually some pretty good prizes. Plus the guys need all the help they can get against the girls, who seem to win it all the time.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

kinyo

KevinG

Welcome to the forum albertapoacher - hope you're not poaching my food.  ;D
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

smoker pete

Welcome to the Forum Albertapoacher

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

watchdog56