Caney's Carnivore Breakfast "Muffin" - Guaranteed low carb!

Started by Caneyscud, October 04, 2010, 01:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Made these a couple of times in a stickburner a month ago.  Since it's a bachelor weekend and my flyfishing buddies looked weak, decided to make them some treats.  Did a few fatties (in another thread) and decided to do these things.  Did not want to fire up a stickburner, so into the Bradley they went.  Not hard to do and don't take all that long but does take steps or you get mushyness.

Need one of these "Texas-Sized" muffin tins - and helps if non-stick.

Cut bacon strips in half and lay down 2 slices

Surround top of cup with a whole slice of bacon.

Pat a sausage patty in the bottom.  And stick in the Bradley at 250 for about an hours (temp of sausage 165).  I used Hickory pucks.

After first cook - You need to drain the grease.  I just hold a gloved hand over the meat so it doesn't slip out and tip the whole pan to drain

Crisp up some tater tots (use 2).  This time I used the tater crisps and used 5, surrounding the cup.  Crack an extra large or jumbo egg into the middle, top with a little Paces Picante, and put back into the Bradley (with smoke) until the egg is set  - could take an hour or more.  The egg picture file had something wrong with it and could not use.

Remove from the Bradley and add a gob of sharp cheddar to the top and put back into the Bradley until cheese is well melted.  I used smoke, but next time won't - the cheesy got a little of that ashy taste.  Did not get than in the stickburner the first time. 

.......OR, you can make up some cornbread mix and spoon a little in the cup instead of the tots and egg,  and top them with green chilis.  Cook until the cornbread mix cooked.  Remove and top with Gobs of sharp cheddar and stick back into the Bradley until the cheese is well melted.

Complete tins - one tin of each type.  (egg ones on the left)

These are very good - the cornbread and chilis ones

BUT these are the MONEY!!!!!

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

You had Me at Cut BACON!!! Looks great almost looks like the eyeballs Caribou's Daughter makes only with cheese.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OldHickory

That is beautiful Caney, looks real tasty.  Also looks like it would take some patience from the cook, and of course a few adulterous beverages
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Tommy3Putts

BuyLowSellHigh

Whoa Caney, those are over the top. 

Let's see, if I did the calculations right that was 3 trips into the Bradley, so I would think 3 Bloody Marys or Mimosas for the cooking plus one for the eating, making a total of four.  My kind of breakfast.   :)

I trust these are made and served after the early morning flyfishing round so nobody falls down and fills their waders.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

classicrockgriller

Nice job Caney.

Glad you got to have some fun this weekend.

Smokin Soon

Now that's what I call some morning eats! I will try that one in the Treager! I do love outdoor breakfast. I will pop some of those in the Treager while I am doing the usual Bacon and Sausages on the griddle.

SnellySmokesEm

OMG..... thats heaven right there...........    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

DTAggie

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Pachanga

Caney,

You've been a baaaaaaaad boy!!!

Nice original idea with a lot options for ingredients but I like your combo.  I wish you hadn't mentioned the cornbread option.  Now I will have to make two different batches.  This is on my list as a crowd pleaser. 

Now to find a couple of Texas Size muffin pans.  Like I need more utensils in my kitchen.

Thanks.

Pachanga

Caneyscud

Quote from: DTAggie on October 04, 2010, 08:40:33 PM
Amazing invention.  Does the bacon crisp up at all?

First time I did them, I had more bacon sticking out the top and it got crispy.  The more grease you can drain out the crispier it will be down in the cup, but down in the cup it will never get real crispy. 

squirtthecat

You'd pretty much ruin the pan for any other uses - but what if you drilled some grease drain holes in the bottom?  Maybe even cut some muffin sized pieces of Frogmat to put underneath?

Caneyscud

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on October 04, 2010, 06:11:14 PM
Whoa Caney, those are over the top.  

Let's see, if I did the calculations right that was 3 trips into the Bradley, so I would think 3 Bloody Marys or Mimosas for the cooking plus one for the eating, making a total of four.  My kind of breakfast.   :)

I trust these are made and served after the early morning flyfishing round so nobody falls down and fills their waders.

BLSH - the trip to the Bradley to melt the cheese doesn't take long - that BM (Bloody Mary - had to quickly clear that up!) will have to be slammed!  Awwww shucks!

My flyfishing buddies take a trip to the mountains twice a year that I have not been able to go on for 3 or 4 years now due to schedule conflicts.  They are threatening to next time to not only come to my office and kidnap me, but also to kidnap one or two of my smokers also and hold us hostage at their mountain (Tellico River area of the Smokies) campground until I break down and produce goodies.  Then I might be allowed to fish.  A few are going up this weekend - but one has asked me to work the fly shop (Cumberland Transit) so he can go.  I'll show them - I'll bring more goodies to the shop.   ;D ;D ;D

"You'd pretty much ruin the pan for any other uses - but what if you drilled some grease drain holes in the bottom?  "  STC - that's on the list of things to try.  Just haven't gotten around to it yet.  I've now got 6 of these pans - and that is all I use them for!  At least for right now - I've got some other ideas brewing!