Caney's Carnivore Breakfast "Muffin" - Guaranteed low carb!

Started by Caneyscud, October 04, 2010, 01:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

sign me up for two egg muffins...... they look great.  :)

ArnieM

Yeah, they do look grreat.  How about Caney McMuffins?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

SnellySmokesEm

Thanks for the idea Caney!  These were excellent

I toasted some bread and put in the bottom of the muffin tins and lined with the bacon.  Some of them got a whole egg and some got scrambled eggs topped with cheddar cheese.  I baked in the oven at 325 for 12 minutes. These were delicious and I will be making again.
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

pensrock

I'm going to try these also, but I'm looking for foil muffin trays so I can poke a few holes in the bottom to drain the grease. Maybe next weekend.  :)

SnellySmokesEm

I used standard size muffin tins but I am looking for some bigger ones.
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

hutcho

irish_smoker

tskeeter

In order to crisp up the bacon, a guy might try partially cooking the bacon before putting it in the muffin tin.  This would render off quite a bit of the fat that keeps the bacon from crisping up.  Might also need to do something similar with the sausage patty.  A bit more work on the front end.  But, then you might not have to fiddle with draining off the grease.  And, since you could par cook the bacon and sausage ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze until needed, you might be able to shorten the cook time some.

Now, off to get things ready to try my own version.  Think I'm going to call them PETA Pockets.  (That's People Eating Tastey Animals.  ;D)