ok here we go....

Started by bubtrauma, October 05, 2010, 04:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubtrauma

I am in Carberry Manitoba Canada.

I really don't know what I am getting frrom the butcher. I told him I wanted the flat of the brisket with about 3/8 inch of fat on the fat side. SOOOO I will find out on friday when it comes in. He said he can trim it when I come for it.

Bub

Quarlow

Well, did you get it, did you get it, did you get it. Good luck with this endeavour.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

bubtrauma

Well I got it Friday night its a 7lb, flat. I put the rub on and mustard slather on and put it in the fridge. If I want it for supper on Sunday I am thinking of starting it on Saturday around 8 pm and give it four hours of smoke and bring it in to the oven at 220 degrees and let it go till noon on sunday then let it rest till supper time. I bought a Bradley electronic probe so I will let it go till I get a 190 IT.......what do ya think. Am I on the right track.

Bub

RAF128

Sounds pretty good to me.    When it hits 190, FTC it.   Wrap in foil, then a towel and put it in a cooler.    It'll stay hot for 3 - 4 hrs.

bubtrauma

Do ya think my start time is ok

Bub

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bubtrauma

Thanx a BUNCH guys I will keep ya posted and take a few peekchers ;D.

Bub

KyNola

Bub,
I think your plan is a good one.  I really like the idea of smoking it until midnight and then bringing it in the house to finish.  Eliminates a lot of potential issues associated with an overnight run in the Bradley.

Looking forward to your pics.

BuyLowSellHigh

Sounds like winning plan to me.  At 7 lb it may well be done before you get to noon on Sunday, which is fine - put in FTC and let her coast.  If you need to hold it more than ~ 4 hrs, you might want to take it out of FTC after 4 hrs, put it in a pan, cover with foil and hold at ~ 150-160  °F in a warming oven, if you can.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

bubtrauma

Oh NO now what, it is 6:30 am and I got up to look at the temp on my brisket in the oven and it reads 207 degrees. Just before I went to bed the temp in the oven was 200 so like amn idiot i thought maybe i would bump it up a little. I guess it went to 250 and I never stuck around to check it again. :o Now what is it ruined,

HELP Bub

bubtrauma

Oh ya, I turned the oven down and now it is sitting at 200 for oven temp and the meat at 207.....

KyNola

If the IT of the brisket is 207, take it out of the oven.  Wrap it in foil, wrap in a towel and place in an empty cooler or empty microwave oven.  Don't turn the microwave oven on!

Here's a thought.  Before you remove the brisket from the oven, check the IT of it in several places to be certain the 207 is accurate.  If your probe is in a fat pocket you're gettting an inaccurate temp reading.

Any pics?

SoCalBuilder

Bub - I'm thinking about my first brisket for next weekend. Thanks for this post.... waiting with bated breath for the outcome.

BuyLowSellHigh

Ruined ?  I seriously doubt it.  It may be a tad done, but it's likely just fine.  Proceed as Ky suggested and look forward to some good brisket later today.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

classicrockgriller

Ruined? NEVER!

The worst you got is some GREAT chopped beef!