Durn...is this "normal?"

Started by Da Bull Man, July 03, 2005, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da Bull Man

Ok, Ok, I slept a little late...rolled out about 6:30 this morning to take lil Bradley on his maiden voyage....I pulled my 4 - 8lb+ Briskets out of the fridge..seasoned those puppies up, (lil Bradley is preheating) stuff (and I do mean stuff) the four briskets in the BS...three hours later...t-stat is wide open, vent is barely cracked...I am just now up to 190*...I am starting to worry about having my supper on time!?!?

Inlaws are on the way to meet the new grandsmoker...pizza is a very real possibility..[V][xx(]

Thoughts??[V]

He who laughs last...thinks slowest.

Frank

nsxbill

I would start considering what toppings to order and how many you will need.  You don't want you or your guests disappointed with the outcome.  I would have started the night before.  

Maybe next time! We have all learned this way.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Da Bull Man

I feared that...%#@*^%...I am used to cooking with a big offset smoker...this would have been a 12 hour smoke using one of those.

It's not me that I fear for .... it's lil Bradley...when they found out that I had bought a "Stainless Steel" smoker I could hear the distain in their voices only paralleled by the words:

"Can anything good come out of Nazarene?"

Dad nab it!

Frank

Oldman

Gee I'm sorry you did not ask yesterday... It sure would have saved ya on the pizza bill... [:(]

BTW I believe the word is Nazareth. A Nazarene is a native of Nazareth. i.e. Jesus was a Nazarene. You really are having a bad day...oh well look on the bright side... You will have plently of left overs when they get done...tomarrow~~ [:D]

Joking aside... I feel for ya! As nsxbill said: "Maybe next time! We have all learned this way." Well most do anyway.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Da Bull Man

That's what I get for missing Church today to nurse my BS...

Thankfully...no lightning bolts ... yet...

Briskets in the oven...trying my best to salvage supper...we will see....sorta like fishing..."shoulda been here...yesterday"...sigh...[V]

Frank

JJC

My deepest sympathies, Frank . . . [8D]

However, the bright side is that no one will be disdaining you on e they actually taste the product.  As others have said, most of us have been a bit ambitious on our first smoke or two (or perhaps we were just trying to be too "efficient") and not allowed enough time for 30+ pounds of meat.  

One suggestion, especially if you're going to routinely do large quantities of food in the BS:  use a couple of bricks in the bottom of the BS and you'll get better heat recovery and quicker heat-up in general . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">use a couple of bricks in the bottom of the BS and you'll get better heat recovery and quicker heat-up in general . . .
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I suggest if you need bricks is to pre-heat them in the oven first. [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!