Finally smoked cheese

Started by RossP, October 06, 2010, 10:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossP

Well SWMBO said I could smoke some cheese after I feed her some real nice apple wood smoked cheese that I bought at $72.00 a Kilo. Now I only bought a small slice but she loved it. So tonight the weather was good and I quickly put a pound of Mozzarella and two pounds of Cheddar into the smoker. Just took it out and letting it rest before packaging it up for the next couple of weeks. I gave it two hours of Apple. Sure hope it turns out 8) Pictures coming tomorrow.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

classicrockgriller

That (2 hours of Apple) is what I did the other nite on my cheese.

Wifey opened a pkg after 5 days. She loves it. ;D

I'll wait a while.

ArnieM

Sounds like you're well on your way Ross.  I'm a big fan of the mozzarella.  Some of that on a pizza goes great.  Also like the cheddar and pepper jack. 

Smoked cream cheese and smoked salmon on a bagel works wonders.  If you try a bar of cream cheese, hold the smoke down to an hour.  It really sops up the smoke.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

smoker pete

$72.00 a kilo  :o  Man, I'm in the wrong business ... just smoked me a bunch of cheese last night, for the first time, and used 2 hours of Apple.  Vacuum sealed and waiting 3 to 4 weeks to try it.  Here's hoping both our batches turn out!!

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl