Additional heating element

Started by dbrown1, September 14, 2009, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porterdriver

I assume that I will only need one additional fused link for the second heating element as the primary is already fused.  Correct?

Toker

From what Habs said your correct. Dont really know how the digital works me i have an original.

Habanero Smoker

Yes. That is if you want to install the second in-line fuse. I don't have the digital, but once you open the back you will see how the in-line fuse is installed on the original element. So it will just be a matter of wiring it the same way on the second element. Looking at the picture of that fuse, it look like the wire goes from the neutral connection of the plug, straight to the element, but I can't be sure. Mike may be logging on today, if so he can give you a definite answer.

I added the second element to my OBS without the second in-line fuse or temperature sensor.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

GusRobin

as far as voiding the warranty - aside from the cabinet, anything you need to replace on the bradley is not really that expensive. The smoke generator maybe but you aren't doing any mods to that. Besides, most people that have problems usually have them at the start, either loose wires, defective parts, etc that are damaged in shipping, etc. So do you initial smoke and make sure all works and you should be fine. To me the benefits were well worth the minor risk of problems.

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

porterdriver

Glad you feel that way.  It is a philosophy that my impulsive nature and I will embrace...now if that shipment will just hurry up and come in.

Toker

Man just a little folowup, just get ready for a big ride when you will install your fan ITS A HELL OF A JOB! My frien took 4H to install it. But its done

porterdriver

toker,

This is a bit off topic but do you have room to fit a slightly bigger fan on the inside (I'm thinking 2.5")?  Extra 1/2" in diameter bumps up CFM (2"=35 CFM up to 2.5"=45 CFM).  Just curious.

Any particular reason that the fan install took so long?  Instructions seems pretty straight forward.

Toker

I think so but not sure unless you cut a couple of (mesh) of your lowest rack sorry im french dont know if its the right word. Also pay attention of the fan shaft for it to not toching anything around with the blade IT'S REALLY LIMIT ON THE LENGHT that why it took so long

porterdriver

Merci beaucoup.  J'ai bien compris votre réponse sans problème. That's as close as my high school French can take me.

Toker

Hey nice try  ;D i also understood your good french BTW i'm not from France i'mfrom Quebec Canada in case you were wondering.

porterdriver

Right or wrong, I had already made the assumption that you were Quebecois (I think that's the right word for a person from Quebec).

Toker