Auber PID

Started by Shasta bob, October 07, 2010, 06:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasta bob

Where is the best place to buy an Auber PID controler? dose anyone here sell them? I have a OBS do i want siongle probe or duel probe.?
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

GusRobin

Quote from: Shasta bob on October 07, 2010, 06:42:29 AM
Where is the best place to buy an Auber PID controler? dose anyone here sell them? I have a OBS do i want siongle probe or duel probe.?
It is best to buy it direct.
http://www.auberins.com

The single will serve its purpose, but if the budget allows it, you want the dual. With the dual you can set the shutoff to either time or the IT of the meat. It also allows you to set an on-off for the smoke generator if you so desire. Either case, you will be given an option for either a wall mounted or hanging temp probe. You want the hanging. While the wall mount may be neater looking, the hanging is more practical and gives you flexibility. I ordered the wall mount and wish I ordered the hanging. In fact I plugged the wall mount hole and use it as a hanging probe.
Any other questions, just ask.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Shasta bob

Than ks is there any cons to having an PID? Do i need the fan kit?
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

HawkeyeSmokes

Hi Shasta bob ,

No cons to having PID. And you don't need a fan with it. The heat with circulate the same.
HawkeyeSmokes

Shasta bob

thanks , is there any thing else i should know about this eq or any special tricks.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

beefmann

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17355.0

take a look at this link , that this unit does  is control the smoking process then switches to the cooking process automatically

you  may  also want to consider adding  a larger  heater and fan as well