First Cold Smoke

Started by bundy, October 21, 2010, 07:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bundy

Well I got my Bradley cold box today and had the cheese a waiting, smoked 8# variety for 2 hours at around 75* to 95*,most of the time around 80*.
Question is, I put the cheese in right out of the refrigerator, should I have warmed the cheese up to room temp????

Can somebody tell me how to get the little smiley faces in here?

classicrockgriller

:)  ;)  :D  ;D  :P  :'(

go to reply and not quick reply

Cold smoke cheese is a fun thing.

bundy

Still didn't tell me how to do the smiles.

classicrockgriller

if you use quick reply, u have to put the codes in for the different emotions.....

if you use reply you can click on the emotions

Habanero Smoker

You may want to let it sit on the counter for a period of time, but not too long. Since it is a solid, it will not absorb moisture like meat will, so drops of condensation can form on the surface right after you take it out of the refrigerator. This can cause spots on your cheese after the smoke has been applied, and possibly effect the amount of smoke flavor. So let it warm up a bit before unwrapping.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

bundy

Your'e making me feel really DUMB CRG, but still can't get it, which one is quick and which one norm?

Wildcat

I've only used the reply at the bottom and it has all the  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( you want. Never tried the one on each response. I assume that is the quickie.  ::)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

FLBentRider

Does your screen look like this:

You just click on them.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bundy

Yes my screen looks just like that, and this is what I get when I click on them. :'( :-* :-\ :-X :-[ :P ::) ??? 8) :o :o :( >:(

bundy

I quess they don't show up as smiles until you post the reply hu? ???

squirtthecat

Quote from: bundy on October 22, 2010, 09:00:51 AM
I quess they don't show up as smiles until you post the reply hu? ???

Correct.   

This:

;)

Becomes this:

;)