Good to be here...

Started by R.Woodward, October 09, 2010, 08:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.Woodward

Hi,

My name is Randy and I'm posting to introduce myself. I've been smoking foods for a few years now, mostly barbecue and jerky, on a variety of wood burning equipment. This year while camping my wife commented that it would be fun to make barbecue at the campsite, to which I responded that none of our equipment was portable enough to take camping. (And although possible, I'm not enough of a pitmaster to attempt a campfire cooker.) Recently I noticed Sportsman's Guide offering the Bradley Propane Smoker for about half the going price, so I figured "why not?" Well, not exactly that quick. As always, I did lots of research on the product before pulling the trigger. Part of that research was this forum, and to tell the truth, knowing there was such an enthusiastic fan base -along with a good source for whatever advice I might need- was a big selling point in the Bradley's favor. So here I am with my Bradley, waiting for my first shipment of biscuittes to arrive so I can get started. And what better place to bide my time than by reading and learning from the experiences of other owners.

Oh, and if anyone is interested in what other equipment I've been using, I started with a Brinkman charcoal "bullet" smoker (now retired) added a New Braunfels offset pit for big jobs, and an electric "KC Smoker" which is OK for roasted foods with a bit of smoke flavor. Did I mention that all of these units were purchased at clearance prices? Yeah, I'm kind of frugal like that.

Double Oh, I'm in Madison Wisconsin. Not exactly barbecue country, but they sure smoke a lot of fish around here.

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

ArnieM

Hi Randy and welcome to the forum.  I'm sure it'll smell good around your campsite.  :D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

GusRobin

Welcome - this place is a great source for advice and help
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

RossP

Welcome to the forum. Sit back and enjoy the show.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

smokingthemidwest

KevinG

Welcome to the forum R.Woodward!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum R.Woodward!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

Congrats and Welcome to the fun.

Any questions ........... just ask!

Tenpoint5

Welcome Aboard Randy I'm not too far away from you, I'm south of Dubuque about a half hour.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!