I Have a Confession To Make

Started by Whalebreath, October 16, 2010, 04:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whalebreath

As per the subject line I have a confession to make-I don't own a Bradley smoker!

I ran across this place via a web search and have decided to register and post this just to let you all know how much I enjoy reading all the fascinating smoking/food/smoked food info herein-it's quite the place.

I do have one of those little stovetop units but as long as I'm in an apartment owning a real smoker is just a dream.

Already I've garnered a few ideas here about using up my winter supply of Salmon caught over the past season.

Regards

Carl Z
Vancouver BC

Toker

Hey Whalebreath welcome here! Do you want to know what? I leave in an apart too and i use my Bradley in my kitchen all year long  ;D I just drive the smoke out through the window with a dryer hose with a duct fan. It work very well for me Of course i had to make my window over by remplacing the glass by a Plexiglas but it works.

KyNola

Welcome Carl!  You don't need a smoker to hang out with us.  We welcome everybody.  Come on in, sit back, crack open a cold one and enjoy the ride.  Keep your hands and arms inside at all times though. ;)

Jarck

I bought my Bradley because I live in an apt.Any way you can smoke is a good thing.We learn to adapt because its sooooo good. Plus you might make some friends.The small propane smoker might be an option to! Ha from what I've seen here these guys will have you rigged up with smoething crazy that works.

RossP

Welcome Carl, there are a bunch of us from the Vancouver area. I am hosting a get together in November, you are more than welcome to come and join us. There are a few guys that have smokers on their balconies in Vancouver so you might want to check with your manager or strata consul to find out if you able to have one.  Here is the link for the get together. http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=18063.0

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Quarlow

Welcome to the forum. Q here from Sunny Surrey. If I was in your position and it turned out that I wasn't allowed to have my smoker in an apartment, I would soon find a relative or friend who would let me hang out while my smoker was running. If you have parents close by or a buddy you like to hang out with, you should have no trouble get them to let you spend the time at their place for you to smoke. Especially when they get a share of the awesome smoked heavenly joy you will soon be turning out of it. You will be glad you did whatever it takes to get the smoke on the food. And your friends will too.
Oh yeah and you really don't have to have a smoker to join in the fun on here.
Hey Ross, how did I miss the get together post. Count me in.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.