Mystery accessories

Started by smoke em if you got em, October 18, 2010, 07:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoke em if you got em

Hi all,

I purchased my OBS 2 weeks ago. I completed my first smoke yesterday. Cornish game hens. They were awesome!
Anyway, on to my question. I have a few accessories, see photo, that came in my smoker that I can't figure out. They weren't mentioned in the owners manual or the website. Any idea what these might be used for? I did purchase the floor model so maybe over time these items were just tossed in there? I don't know. Any help is greatly appreciated.

OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

squirtthecat

Welcome!

Yeah, those aren't Bradley parts...   Somebody just tossed them inside.

That pan might come in handy.  See if it will fit in place of your small puck catcher bowl...   Many of use use a foil cake pan full of hot water for long overnight cooks. (butts and briskets and such)

If it will fit sideways, those hooks would be good for hanging sausages/sticks and the like.

NePaSmoKer

Lava rock was prob tossed in there, Hangers would be good to rig up for slim jims and the pan keep for water, Looks like a nice SS pan.

BuyLowSellHigh

Let me guess - the box had been previously opened and re-taped shut?
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

GusRobin

I have been looking all over for those hangers and the pan and couldn't figure out where I left them. Please send them to me asap. ;D

like the others said, they are not Bradley parts but may come in handy.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

SouthernSmoked

Free accessories, one heck of an upgrade to the water bowl and I would modify the hanger it's a keeper.

As Napas said modify to hang slim jims.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

smoke em if you got em

There was no box at all. I literally picked the display model up off the shelf and put it in my basket. I'd had my eye on it for a while and then I saw it had been marked down to $88. As soon as I made sure the owners manual was there and everything else was in good condition I bought it.

Slim jims are a good idea. Where can I find out how to make them?

Thanks again for the input. I will put the pan and racks to good use. Not so sure I have any need for the lava rocks though.
OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

squirtthecat

$88?!?!?!!

What a steal.......

Up In Smoke

Pan for water, as previously stated, those hooks could also hang bacon.
the lava rocks might be used to help with heat recovery in cooler weather depending on how many there are.
maybe wrap in foil and put on bottom rack???
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: mnt0417 on October 18, 2010, 04:24:09 PM
There was no box at all. I literally picked the display model up off the shelf and put it in my basket. I'd had my eye on it for a while and then I saw it had been marked down to $88. As soon as I made sure the owners manual was there and everything else was in good condition I bought it.

If you look out your window you will see flashing red and blue lights - that's the police. 

You didn't buy the Bradley - you stole it!   ;D
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here