bluefish??

Started by seasmoke, July 05, 2005, 03:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seasmoke

hi, first time to post.  i've had the b-smoker for about a month and have been very happy w/ the results.  i've been sticking to pork but today i'm trying a large bluefish 10-12 lbs.  any ideas.. temp, time, seasoning??

psdubl07

Hi Mike, welcome to the board.  I have never done any fish except salmon, but if you do a search on bluefish, you'll probably find it discussed in some older threads.

bsolomon

Bluefish is a fatty/oily type fish, so I would think that any preparation that works well for salmon would yield similar results for bluefish.

Foam Steak

Smoked Bluefish is great.  For one that big you may prefer the results if you fillet it.  Other than that just use your favortite brine and smoke until it is done the way you like it.

JJC

Hi Mike,  Welcome to the Forum!  I've brined and smoked a lot of bluefish, and I've got a tried and true brining recipe.  It's posted on the Olds Recipe Site (see Sticky at top of each forum), but if you have troubhle finding it e-mail me and I'll send it to you.  I also have a great bluefish (and salmon) pate recipe . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

seasmoke

thanks for the response and info!  the smoking went well.  going out tomorrow for yellow/blue fin tuna and more slammer blues..