HELP!!!

Started by bundy, October 19, 2010, 02:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bundy

Need help, I built a cold smoker box for my BDS and if I just plug my puck burner in it looks like it is heating by the digital display, but the E1 error is blinking and my puck advancer is not working.
Do I need that cord going to the smoker hooked up as now it is way to short.
Would like to get it working so I can smoke some cheese.
Thanks in advance!

Tiny Tim

Yes, you either need the sensor cord hooked between the generator and cabinet, or a bypass plug that comes with the purchased cold smoking adapter.  I don't know if they bypass plug would be available to purchase by itself or not.

bundy

RATS!! Not such a good idea I had for an afternoon project.

smoker pete

I have an OBS.  Bought a Bradley Smoke Adapter and it came with the bypass plug that Tiny Tim mentioned.  I don't think I'll ever be buying a DBS since I have and love my PID so if you PM me I would be willing to mail it to you.

I remember wondering what that plug was for when I opened the box.  After reading the instructions, well maybe just looked at the pictures, I learned it's for the DBS.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Up In Smoke

Quote from: smoker pete on October 19, 2010, 03:11:40 PM
I have an OBS.  Bought a Bradley Smoke Adapter and it came with the bypass plug that Tiny Tim mentioned.  I don't think I'll ever be buying a DBS since I have and love my PID so if you PM me I would be willing to mail it to you.

I remember wondering what that plug was for when I opened the box.  After reading the instructions, well maybe just looked at the pictures, I learned it's for the DBS.

And that my friends is what makes this site the BEST on the net!!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

bundy

Thanks Smoker Pete for the offer, but I got mad and called Yard and Pool and ordered the factory cold box, really didn't like the way mine looked and the wife felt sorry for me and said " just go ahead and order the right one" so what choice did I really have!
Thanks again for everyones help, this is truly a great forum!

bundy

Oh by the way what is a PID??

ArnieM

You have a good wife bundy  :D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

ArnieM

A PID is something line a Proporti - aw forget it.  It can control the cabinet within a couple of degrees.  It's not on/off like a thermostat.  It learns (yes there is a learning mode) how to control the box.

Go to www.auberins.com for the smoker controller.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

bundy

Well I do have an auber, do I still need the bypass??

Tenpoint5

You wont now that you ordered the cold smoke adapter it will come with one. But yes the adapter will need to be used.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: bundy on October 19, 2010, 04:13:16 PM
Well I do have an Auber, do I still need the bypass??
For cold smoking you don't need an Auber (unless you're in a very, very cold place) but with the digital SG you will need the bypass plug to get the SG to run.  If you're into it you can get the plug at Radio Shack, solder an appropriate resistor between the two connections, and it passes as a fake thermistor to "fool" the sensor input into the SG.  But since you ordered the Bradley box you will get one in the plastic pouch with the manual, etc.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here