What is a "Pachanga" ?

Started by classicrockgriller, October 20, 2010, 03:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLBentRider

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 22, 2010, 11:03:02 AM
Quote from: KevinG on October 22, 2010, 09:51:04 AM
Every time I see the name, I think of Pachinko, probably because my parents had one of the games when I was a kid. I used to play with it all the time.

Here you go..

I remember those!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 22, 2010, 10:54:24 AM
Quote from: KevinG on October 22, 2010, 09:51:04 AM
Every time I see the name, I think of Pachinko, probably because my parents had one of the games when I was a kid. I used to play with it all the time.

Are you sure your not thinking "Plinko"!!

Squirt found it. Too bad it's $250.00 I might of placed a bid on it.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Quarlow

Ok to Pachanga. When I was 18 I did a stint on the commercial trollers on the west coast here. It was sort of a means to get away from life cause my girlfriend had been killed in a car accident and I kind of lost it for awhile. Well on the boats you had lots of time to do nothing so I took to reading books which we could exchange at the fuel barges for free, leave one take one style. Well I started to read this guys books and got quite gripped in them as I really always thought I was born a hundred years to late. Yup they were westerns, but not any western. These were not just a bunch of books they were a saga by a man you probably all know. Louis L'amour. I know lots of people don't like his books but I did and reading this by you, Pachanga reminded me of his novels. Very gripping. You ever think of writing a western novel. Or spaghetti western.  ;D
Pachinko games. Yup I have one in the garage just sitting there collecting dust. Needs a bit of work. I grabbed it from a friend at work cause I remember playing with one my grandpa had come across when I was little. Brings back memories
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Pachanga

Quarlow and others who took the time read and enjoy my memories of a Pachanga.

Thanks for taking the time and the posting.

I have thought about writing because I enjoy laying down words that can be visualized.  I have a few short stories that I have written about events that shaped my life or are special memories and may expand on them. 

I write mainly to place my memories and thoughts in an order that enables me to capture random thoughts or memories and organize them into a coherent pattern.  It solidifies my overall memory, brings out lost details and allows me to share with friends and family.

Again, thanks to all who made comments.

Now, back to smoking,

Pachanga

hal4uk

Pachanga, you might be crazy.  But you're a literate madman.
Awrighten.  ;D
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Pachanga

Quote from: hal4uk on October 22, 2010, 08:49:21 PM
Pachanga, you might be crazy.  But you're a literate madman.
Awrighten.  ;D

So you've seen my medical records at the asylum? 

Pachanga

hal4uk

Quote from: Pachanga on October 22, 2010, 08:53:11 PM
So you've seen my medical records at the asylum? 
Well, not exactly...
Just the "Pachanga Was Here" carved on the wall.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Wildcat

Quote from: Quarlow on October 22, 2010, 07:11:11 PM
Ok to Pachanga. When I was 18 I did a stint on the commercial trollers on the west coast here. It was sort of a means to get away from life cause my girlfriend had been killed in a car accident and I kind of lost it for awhile. Well on the boats you had lots of time to do nothing so I took to reading books which we could exchange at the fuel barges for free, leave one take one style. Well I started to read this guys books and got quite gripped in them as I really always thought I was born a hundred years to late. Yup they were westerns, but not any western. These were not just a bunch of books they were a saga by a man you probably all know. Louis L'amour. I know lots of people don't like his books but I did and reading this by you, Pachanga reminded me of his novels. Very gripping. You ever think of writing a western novel. Or spaghetti western.  ;D
Pachinko games. Yup I have one in the garage just sitting there collecting dust. Needs a bit of work. I grabbed it from a friend at work cause I remember playing with one my grandpa had come across when I was little. Brings back memories

Louis L'amour is my favorite writer. I have read everything published before his death, and still have some of them on shelves. Unfortunately I have "dry eye syndrome" and reading for any length of time is difficult so I rarely read anymore. (One of the reasons I retired - those law books require a lot of reading.) My favorites of his were Sitka and the early stages of the Saketts.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Quarlow

I don't read much nowadays but I did like the Sacketts series and some of the others. Well any of his that I read I really enjoyed. I have not read all of the sacketts or all of his other ones. I always figured I would find a set of the whole sackett series and buy to read the ones I have missed. Something to look forward to in old age I guess.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Wildcat

Actually, the only ones I still have are the complete Sackett series. They are consolidate in 5 volumes of hard back. You are welcome to borrow them if you would like. Send me a PM if interested.

Sorry about hijacking this thread.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

albertapoacher

Pachanga that was truly a delight to read.

We were debating where to take our vacation this fall, and you have locked it for me. I hope mexico has room for another red neck for a couple of weeks ;)

classicrockgriller

Was reading some old post tonite and came across this.

This is some great reading.

I think we almost had a Pachanga in Paducah.