Smoked Chicken Thighs

Started by SnellySmokesEm, October 18, 2010, 10:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnellySmokesEm

I breaded some chicken thighs in mies breading and smoked with some apple chips.  When the IT of the thighs got to 160 I transferred them over to the Gasser to sauce.  I sauced two with the BBQ sauce my friend made for me and basted the other two with the Gibson White BBQ sauce.  Not really sure what went wrong here but the results were not very good.  I think I tried to do to much and overdid it.   First off all the chicken was way too smokey and for me that's hard to do.  Second adding the sauce seemed to soften the crispy mies batter and it was kind of soggy.   I really liked my friends BBQ so I'm going to bring it to the FL Smoke out and let some of you guys try it.  My original plan was to just use the mies and cook on the gasser, but I hadn't smoked in a few days and the smoker looked lonely.   ;D   Maybe the many adult beverages I consumed yesterday had something to do with it as well.   ;D

Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

GusRobin

Just close your eyes and eat the evidence
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

squirtthecat

Dice them up and stuff in some cored jalas w/ some cheese and bacon...

SoCalBuilder

I would never have thought to bread something before smoking it. Was the chicken skinless?

SnellySmokesEm

Quote from: SoCalBuilder on October 24, 2010, 11:33:10 AM
I would never have thought to bread something before smoking it. Was the chicken skinless?

No it had skin.
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist