Brining and smoking a chicken

Started by _Bear_, October 24, 2010, 10:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Bear_

Hi guys. I threw together a brind last night and put the chicken in for 12 hrs.  This morning I rinsed it, let it dry the made sauce of italian dressing, peanut oil and various spices and brushed it on. then filled the cavity with sliced up lemon and limes. Going to smoke for 2 hrs @ 220* with Maple and  then leave in untill an internal temp of 170*f. Never done a chicken befor, so we will see how it turns out.Will post back when I pull it out.

Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

classicrockgriller

Good to see ya _Bear_.

Should be a moist chick.

SoCalBuilder

With the patina inside that smoker, it's hard to believe you haven't tried a chicken yet. I guarantee it won't be the last ;D

_Bear_

Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

_Bear_

Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

squirtthecat

smoker pete

Great looking bird there Bear!  How did that lemon/lime cavity stuffing work out?

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

_Bear_

Quote from: smoker pete on October 24, 2010, 03:43:28 PM
Great looking bird there Bear!  How did that lemon/lime cavity stuffing work out?
Suprisingly well. The meat had a vey light/mild citrus taste to it. It was my sister's idea and it works well. I have reformed my sister and one brother and they both own Bradlys now as well LOL. Still wworking on my oldest brother, but he does not visit often, but next time I will put on a spread.
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

BuyLowSellHigh

That's a great looking bird.  Very nicely done.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Tenpoint5

Great looking Yardbird Bear!!

Looking at the top of your S/G, it is time my friend. Time to open that bad boy up and clean it out. I had one that looked similar even started having problems feeding pucks until I cleaned it.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 24, 2010, 05:48:41 PM
Great looking Yardbird Bear!!

Looking at the top of your S/G, it is time my friend. Time to open that bad boy up and clean it out. I had one that looked similar even started having problems feeding pucks until I cleaned it.

I have gotten into a habit of "Dusting" my pucks before entry to help with the loose wood chips.

Rainmaker

QuoteI have gotten into a habit of "Dusting" my pucks before entry to help with the loose wood chips.

Is this just a matter of blowing off any loose bits on the pucks?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Rainmaker on October 25, 2010, 09:27:19 AM
QuoteI have gotten into a habit of "Dusting" my pucks before entry to help with the loose wood chips.

Is this just a matter of blowing off any loose bits on the pucks?
Pretty much
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

_Bear_

Well, it is  raining and  snowing here, so that means  no work untill it dries up or freezes up, so I think I will  clean up that smoke  generator. Thanks Tenpoint5
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ